Apr 29, 2013, 7:26 PM EST
On Wednesday, the Pittsburgh Penguins open their playoff campaign.
On Tuesday, they’ll likely know if their captain will be available.
“Just going for an appointment,” he explained. “I don’t have any control over it, so there’s no point of getting too worked up about it.
“I don’t know exactly what [needs to be checked out], but I’m sure they’ll take a peek and see how everything’s healing.”
I’s possible tomorrow meeting will lead to a decision about Crosby’s medical clearance for Game 1 of Pittsburgh’s series against the Islanders.
Reports from the skate suggested No. 87 was skating full-speed and engaging high-traffic areas on the ice.
Crosby hasn’t played since taking a puck to the face on Mar. 30 (against the Islanders, oddly enough).
He resumed skating last week, and has spent most of that time getting comfortable with wearing a full plastic face shield.
- Cannonball Run…and gun: Team Toews wins highest-scoring game in ASG history 1
- Supercut: Every goal from the highest-scoring period in All-Star Game history 3
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 4
- Video: Weber wins hardest shot with 108.5 mph blast 13
- Video: Lightning’s Drouin wins fastest skater 7
- WATCH LIVE: NHL All-Star Skills Competition 2
- Will the Youngstars even have a chance? (Updated) 12
- Unique World Cup format allows ‘more of the very best players’ to participate 11
- NHL unveils 2016 Winter Classic, Stadium Series games 19
- Players have fun, show off personalities in water-fueled All-Star Fantasy Draft 9
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)
- Video: NHL offers Flyers’ Rinaldo in-person hearing (57)