Apr 29, 2013, 7:26 PM EDT
On Wednesday, the Pittsburgh Penguins open their playoff campaign.
On Tuesday, they’ll likely know if their captain will be available.
“Just going for an appointment,” he explained. “I don’t have any control over it, so there’s no point of getting too worked up about it.
“I don’t know exactly what [needs to be checked out], but I’m sure they’ll take a peek and see how everything’s healing.”
I’s possible tomorrow meeting will lead to a decision about Crosby’s medical clearance for Game 1 of Pittsburgh’s series against the Islanders.
Reports from the skate suggested No. 87 was skating full-speed and engaging high-traffic areas on the ice.
Crosby hasn’t played since taking a puck to the face on Mar. 30 (against the Islanders, oddly enough).
He resumed skating last week, and has spent most of that time getting comfortable with wearing a full plastic face shield.
- After prepping for three years, Franson excited to test free agency 7
- Sabres’ Kane (shoulder) ‘ahead of schedule’ with recovery 16
- Lightning ‘answer the challenge’ in Game 7 to reach Stanley Cup Final 37
- Vigneault: McDonagh was playing with a broken foot 20
- Bolts strike Stanley Cup Final berth thanks to Game 7 win over Rangers 76
- The Ducks got Kesler for a game like Saturday’s 32
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win 58
- DeBoer predicts ‘big bounce-back’ in San Jose 14
- Sabres name Bylsma head coach 46
- Lundqvist on Game 7: ‘You’re definitely nervous, but it comes down to teamwork’ 18
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (77)
- Bolts strike Stanley Cup Final berth thanks to Game 7 win over Rangers (76)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win (58)
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue (56)