Apr 29, 2013, 7:26 PM EST
On Wednesday, the Pittsburgh Penguins open their playoff campaign.
On Tuesday, they’ll likely know if their captain will be available.
“Just going for an appointment,” he explained. “I don’t have any control over it, so there’s no point of getting too worked up about it.
“I don’t know exactly what [needs to be checked out], but I’m sure they’ll take a peek and see how everything’s healing.”
I’s possible tomorrow meeting will lead to a decision about Crosby’s medical clearance for Game 1 of Pittsburgh’s series against the Islanders.
Reports from the skate suggested No. 87 was skating full-speed and engaging high-traffic areas on the ice.
Crosby hasn’t played since taking a puck to the face on Mar. 30 (against the Islanders, oddly enough).
He resumed skating last week, and has spent most of that time getting comfortable with wearing a full plastic face shield.
- In praise of the Hamburglar 7
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 4
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 9
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 35
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 14
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 23
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 52
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 39
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (173)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)