Apr 29, 2013, 7:26 PM EST
On Wednesday, the Pittsburgh Penguins open their playoff campaign.
On Tuesday, they’ll likely know if their captain will be available.
“Just going for an appointment,” he explained. “I don’t have any control over it, so there’s no point of getting too worked up about it.
“I don’t know exactly what [needs to be checked out], but I’m sure they’ll take a peek and see how everything’s healing.”
I’s possible tomorrow meeting will lead to a decision about Crosby’s medical clearance for Game 1 of Pittsburgh’s series against the Islanders.
Reports from the skate suggested No. 87 was skating full-speed and engaging high-traffic areas on the ice.
Crosby hasn’t played since taking a puck to the face on Mar. 30 (against the Islanders, oddly enough).
He resumed skating last week, and has spent most of that time getting comfortable with wearing a full plastic face shield.
- TGIF: Five NHL games to watch this weekend 0
- Assault charges against Varlamov dropped 7
- Carlyle on HBO presence: ‘It’s not normal what we’re living right now’ 1
- Orpik: First days after Thornton attack were ‘miserable’ 52
- Video: Dustin Brown ejected for kneeing, Tomas Hertl won’t return (update) 63
- No supplemental discipline for Caps’ Wilson 31
- Habs healthy scratch Briere for first time this season 7
- Chiarelli says he’s not trading Marchand 21
- Schenn to play tonight; Oates maintains Wilson hit was ‘totally clean’ 54
- Video: ‘The message is not being heard’ when it comes to illegal hits, suspensions 53
- Updated: NHL suspends Thornton 15 games for Orpik attack (155)
- Janssen: Orpik should’ve fought Thornton, then ‘everything would have quieted down’ (123)
- Reports: Thornton will appeal 15-game suspension (107)
- Lucic addresses fight video, says he’s ‘disgusted and outraged’ by Vancouver (103)
- Cam Neely questions length of Thornton’s suspension (78)