Apr 29, 2013, 11:12 PM EST
Washington Capitals forward Joel Ward skated Monday, as per Chuck Gormley of CSN Washington.
Could he make an appearance in the Eastern Conference quarter-final against the New York Rangers, when that series begins on Thursday?
“I still think he needs practice,” Capitals head coach Adam Oates told CSN Washington.
“I don’t want to put him in without getting any time on the ice. I think it’s been too long. A couple practices will sure help.”
Ward, the Capitals’ 32-year-old winger who had eight goals and 20 points this season, hasn’t played since April 7, when he blocked a Sami Salo slap shot (according to this Washington Post article from April 9).
There was also an update on injured Washington forward Brooks Laich, who, according to numerous reports, underwent sports hernia surgery earlier this month.
“He’s on the way to recovery right now and as soon as he can recover we’ll get him in,” Oates told the Washington Post. “You know how he is, he’s trying as hard as he can to get there and we’ve just got to be careful.”
- Video: Ennis fires behind his back while falling, scores 0
- Video: Hjalmarsson crushes Kesler, Lindholm scores in wild sequence (Updated) 4
- Trade: Ducks get Brewer from Lightning; Beauchemin out 4-6 weeks 1
- Thanksgiving Shutdown: Rangers blank listless Flyers for second time this season 23
- Video: Martin St. Louis scores goal for 1,000th point 2
- Actual video proof that Brodeur is practicing with the Blues 5
- Return of the Mac: Rangers captain McDonagh in today vs. Flyers 3
- NHL on NBC: Rangers vs. Flyers in a Thanksgiving Showdown 2
- Garbutt suspended two games for ‘reckless’ knee-on-knee hit 1
- Report: Justin Schultz to be healthy scratch versus Preds 27
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)
- Report: Perron’s name comes up as Oilers seek trade for ‘top center’ (45)
- Video: Bruins see two goals waved off (44)
- Isles make some history; Are the Flyers headed for trouble? (43)