Apr 28, 2013, 9:11 PM EDT
The Ottawa Senators are still fighting to try to jump into the East’s seventh seed by earning what they need against the Boston Bruins on Sunday, but they’ll finish without minutes-eating defenseman Chris Phillips.
The 35-year-old blueliner is being held out of the rest of tonight’s game because of a lower-body injury, although it’s at least partially for “precautionary reasons,” according to the team.
As you probably know, the Senators have grown accustomed to rolling with injury punches this season, so Paul MacLean’s crew will likely do their best to fight through it.
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 24
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 5
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 40
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 34
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 13
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21