Apr 28, 2013, 9:11 PM EDT
The Ottawa Senators are still fighting to try to jump into the East’s seventh seed by earning what they need against the Boston Bruins on Sunday, but they’ll finish without minutes-eating defenseman Chris Phillips.
The 35-year-old blueliner is being held out of the rest of tonight’s game because of a lower-body injury, although it’s at least partially for “precautionary reasons,” according to the team.
As you probably know, the Senators have grown accustomed to rolling with injury punches this season, so Paul MacLean’s crew will likely do their best to fight through it.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 20
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5