Apr 28, 2013, 9:11 PM EDT
The Ottawa Senators are still fighting to try to jump into the East’s seventh seed by earning what they need against the Boston Bruins on Sunday, but they’ll finish without minutes-eating defenseman Chris Phillips.
The 35-year-old blueliner is being held out of the rest of tonight’s game because of a lower-body injury, although it’s at least partially for “precautionary reasons,” according to the team.
As you probably know, the Senators have grown accustomed to rolling with injury punches this season, so Paul MacLean’s crew will likely do their best to fight through it.
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 0
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 69
- Detroit stuns favored Bruins with late goal to take Game 1 34
- Crashing Lightning: Montreal crushes Tampa Bay, takes 2-0 series lead 6
- Quenneville gets $25,000 fine for ‘bush-league move’ 12
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 41
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 20
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 13
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 16
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 63