Apr 28, 2013, 9:11 PM EST
The Ottawa Senators are still fighting to try to jump into the East’s seventh seed by earning what they need against the Boston Bruins on Sunday, but they’ll finish without minutes-eating defenseman Chris Phillips.
The 35-year-old blueliner is being held out of the rest of tonight’s game because of a lower-body injury, although it’s at least partially for “precautionary reasons,” according to the team.
As you probably know, the Senators have grown accustomed to rolling with injury punches this season, so Paul MacLean’s crew will likely do their best to fight through it.
- Flyers rally as Zepp wins his career debut at 33 years old 0
- Oilers squander three-goal lead, lose 18th time in 19 games 7
- Pickard makes one last bid to stay, beats Wings in nine-round SO 1
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno 24
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 17
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 18
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 8
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 40
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 11