Apr 28, 2013, 5:14 PM EDT
Please note that this hasn’t been confirmed, but RDS’ Renaud Lavoie reports that the Dallas Stars will part ways with head coach Glen Gulutzan.
Still, Gulutzan didn’t exactly get a big window of opportunity to work things out.
While fellow fired coach Joe Sacco received four seasons to find a winning formula before being sacked in Colorado, Gulutzan received just two seasons – including this abbreviated one – to ply his trade. He didn’t make it to the postseason in either campaign, but few believed that the Stars were legitimate contenders in 2011-12 or 2013.
Some would say they overachieved each year under the 41-year-old coach.
Regardless of whether it seems fair or not, the bottom line is that the Stars didn’t make the playoffs and the franchise is opting to bring in new blood (assuming this report is accurate). The Dallas Morning News’ Mike Heika named a few potential replacements for Gulutzan earlier this week, if you want to ponder possible options.
Update: TSN’s Darren Dreger reports that a decision won’t be made until he meets up with Nill. Perhaps he still has a chance, then?
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 5
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 4
- Blues sign former eighth overall pick Mueller 23
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center 35
- Eric Staal has surgery to repair ‘core muscle injury’ 4
- After not seeing ‘eye-to-eye’ with Carlyle, Reimer will compete for No. 1 gig 16
- Two down, one to go: Wings ink Tatar to three-year, $8.25M deal 12
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal 63
- Subban not eager to discuss contract talks 34
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 22
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain (45)
- Arena deal in jeopardy? Glendale mayor requests investigation into ‘clear violation’ of state law (42)
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal (42)