Apr 28, 2013, 5:14 PM EDT
Please note that this hasn’t been confirmed, but RDS’ Renaud Lavoie reports that the Dallas Stars will part ways with head coach Glen Gulutzan.
Still, Gulutzan didn’t exactly get a big window of opportunity to work things out.
While fellow fired coach Joe Sacco received four seasons to find a winning formula before being sacked in Colorado, Gulutzan received just two seasons – including this abbreviated one – to ply his trade. He didn’t make it to the postseason in either campaign, but few believed that the Stars were legitimate contenders in 2011-12 or 2013.
Some would say they overachieved each year under the 41-year-old coach.
Regardless of whether it seems fair or not, the bottom line is that the Stars didn’t make the playoffs and the franchise is opting to bring in new blood (assuming this report is accurate). The Dallas Morning News’ Mike Heika named a few potential replacements for Gulutzan earlier this week, if you want to ponder possible options.
Update: TSN’s Darren Dreger reports that a decision won’t be made until he meets up with Nill. Perhaps he still has a chance, then?
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 48
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 70
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 40
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)