Apr 28, 2013, 5:14 PM EDT
Please note that this hasn’t been confirmed, but RDS’ Renaud Lavoie reports that the Dallas Stars will part ways with head coach Glen Gulutzan.
Still, Gulutzan didn’t exactly get a big window of opportunity to work things out.
While fellow fired coach Joe Sacco received four seasons to find a winning formula before being sacked in Colorado, Gulutzan received just two seasons – including this abbreviated one – to ply his trade. He didn’t make it to the postseason in either campaign, but few believed that the Stars were legitimate contenders in 2011-12 or 2013.
Some would say they overachieved each year under the 41-year-old coach.
Regardless of whether it seems fair or not, the bottom line is that the Stars didn’t make the playoffs and the franchise is opting to bring in new blood (assuming this report is accurate). The Dallas Morning News’ Mike Heika named a few potential replacements for Gulutzan earlier this week, if you want to ponder possible options.
Update: TSN’s Darren Dreger reports that a decision won’t be made until he meets up with Nill. Perhaps he still has a chance, then?
- Kucherov isn’t going to ‘cry’ about Kronwall hit 12
- Nothing but Kuznetsov: Caps best Isles in Game 7 18
- Not done yet: Lightning earn Game 7 against Red Wings 7
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 0
- Blues owner ‘disappointed and frustrated,’ but not ready to ‘throw people under the bus’ 28
- Despite ‘step in the right direction,’ do Canucks need to alter core? 16
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb 78
- Rangers lose Zuccarello indefinitely with suspected concussion 8
- Cooper: Lightning have to ‘suck it up’ and ‘fight through’ Wings’ interference 52
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 13
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (110)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (99)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (89)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)