Apr 28, 2013, 5:14 PM EST
Please note that this hasn’t been confirmed, but RDS’ Renaud Lavoie reports that the Dallas Stars will part ways with head coach Glen Gulutzan.
Still, Gulutzan didn’t exactly get a big window of opportunity to work things out.
While fellow fired coach Joe Sacco received four seasons to find a winning formula before being sacked in Colorado, Gulutzan received just two seasons – including this abbreviated one – to ply his trade. He didn’t make it to the postseason in either campaign, but few believed that the Stars were legitimate contenders in 2011-12 or 2013.
Some would say they overachieved each year under the 41-year-old coach.
Regardless of whether it seems fair or not, the bottom line is that the Stars didn’t make the playoffs and the franchise is opting to bring in new blood (assuming this report is accurate). The Dallas Morning News’ Mike Heika named a few potential replacements for Gulutzan earlier this week, if you want to ponder possible options.
Update: TSN’s Darren Dreger reports that a decision won’t be made until he meets up with Nill. Perhaps he still has a chance, then?
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 2
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 16
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 58
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 28
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 16
- What’s up with the reports of problems in the Blackhawks’ room? 40
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight 81
- Lombardi happy to get ‘one of the better defenseman on the market’ in Sekera 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Wild need two points from NHL-leading Preds 21
- Video: Potential No. 1 overall pick Connor McDavid goes end-to-end, top shelf 9
- Leafs’ Rielly apologizes for insensitive remarks (86)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Chiarelli understands scrutiny on GM and coach, but says, ‘It’s unfortunate that we’re under review for one year’ (69)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (65)