Apr 28, 2013, 1:03 AM EDT
The Los Angeles Kings will experience a familiar feeling in the 2013 playoffs, as the St. Louis Blues will be their hosts. This time, the Kings grabbed the fifth seed instead of sneaking in as the eighth-ranked squad, though.*
Los Angeles beat its in-state rivals San Jose 3-2 on Saturday, keeping the Sharks seated in the sixth spot. With this loss, the Sharks will face the Vancouver Canucks in the first round.
While it was a tight game for most of the night, the Kings never trailed in the game. Brad Richardson (two assists) and Justin Williams (one goal, one assist) lead the way for Los Angeles while Logan Couture and T.J. Galiardi scored pretty ones for San Jose.
* It will also be in the first round this year after being a semifinal series in 2012.
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 12
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 2
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 20
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 16
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 26
- Hextall insists he’s ‘on the same page’ with Snider 15
- Krejci ‘probable’ to return versus Ducks 10
- Flyers announce Simmonds, MacDonald done for the season with injuries 18
- Video: Flyers crush Blackhawks, Voracek joins league lead in points 11
- Report: Draft Lottery to be held on Apr. 18 14
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)
- Dubnyk leads Wild past Isles in SO, earns 10th straight road win (44)