Apr 28, 2013, 1:03 AM EDT
The Los Angeles Kings will experience a familiar feeling in the 2013 playoffs, as the St. Louis Blues will be their hosts. This time, the Kings grabbed the fifth seed instead of sneaking in as the eighth-ranked squad, though.*
Los Angeles beat its in-state rivals San Jose 3-2 on Saturday, keeping the Sharks seated in the sixth spot. With this loss, the Sharks will face the Vancouver Canucks in the first round.
While it was a tight game for most of the night, the Kings never trailed in the game. Brad Richardson (two assists) and Justin Williams (one goal, one assist) lead the way for Los Angeles while Logan Couture and T.J. Galiardi scored pretty ones for San Jose.
* It will also be in the first round this year after being a semifinal series in 2012.
- Workhorse goalies, forwards from last season 9
- Five interesting players still on UFA market 34
- Trotz will still cheer for Preds ‘like crazy’ 4
- Hextall: Advanced statistics small, but meaningful part of Kings’ success 7
- Hayes sees opportunity with Rangers 27
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 14
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 7
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 30
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 6