Apr 28, 2013, 1:03 AM EDT
The Los Angeles Kings will experience a familiar feeling in the 2013 playoffs, as the St. Louis Blues will be their hosts. This time, the Kings grabbed the fifth seed instead of sneaking in as the eighth-ranked squad, though.*
Los Angeles beat its in-state rivals San Jose 3-2 on Saturday, keeping the Sharks seated in the sixth spot. With this loss, the Sharks will face the Vancouver Canucks in the first round.
While it was a tight game for most of the night, the Kings never trailed in the game. Brad Richardson (two assists) and Justin Williams (one goal, one assist) lead the way for Los Angeles while Logan Couture and T.J. Galiardi scored pretty ones for San Jose.
* It will also be in the first round this year after being a semifinal series in 2012.
- Devils re-sign Greene to long-term pact 0
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 35
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 46
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 19
- Blues sign former eighth overall pick Mueller 31
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center 45
- Eric Staal has surgery to repair ‘core muscle injury’ 6
- After not seeing ‘eye-to-eye’ with Carlyle, Reimer will compete for No. 1 gig 16
- Two down, one to go: Wings ink Tatar to three-year, $8.25M deal 12
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (46)
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain (45)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (45)
- New Caps regime plans to keep Ovechkin at RW (for now) (42)