Apr 28, 2013, 1:03 AM EST
The Los Angeles Kings will experience a familiar feeling in the 2013 playoffs, as the St. Louis Blues will be their hosts. This time, the Kings grabbed the fifth seed instead of sneaking in as the eighth-ranked squad, though.*
Los Angeles beat its in-state rivals San Jose 3-2 on Saturday, keeping the Sharks seated in the sixth spot. With this loss, the Sharks will face the Vancouver Canucks in the first round.
While it was a tight game for most of the night, the Kings never trailed in the game. Brad Richardson (two assists) and Justin Williams (one goal, one assist) lead the way for Los Angeles while Logan Couture and T.J. Galiardi scored pretty ones for San Jose.
* It will also be in the first round this year after being a semifinal series in 2012.
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 11
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 26
- Goalie nods: Luongo’s first game back with Panthers, Neuvirth makes Sabres debut 8
- Report: Kuznetsov terminated KHL deal, headed to Washington 20
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 34
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 34
- Sabres spoil Callahan’s Lightning debut, Stamkos’ return 7
- Dealing with the Devils: NHL reverses Kovalchuk punishment 47
- Playoff bubble watch — Rangers edition 14
- Video: Emotional day for Martin St. Louis ends in OT loss for Rangers 27
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Sabres announce Pat LaFontaine resigns as president of hockey operations (66)