Apr 28, 2013, 1:03 AM EST
The Los Angeles Kings will experience a familiar feeling in the 2013 playoffs, as the St. Louis Blues will be their hosts. This time, the Kings grabbed the fifth seed instead of sneaking in as the eighth-ranked squad, though.*
Los Angeles beat its in-state rivals San Jose 3-2 on Saturday, keeping the Sharks seated in the sixth spot. With this loss, the Sharks will face the Vancouver Canucks in the first round.
While it was a tight game for most of the night, the Kings never trailed in the game. Brad Richardson (two assists) and Justin Williams (one goal, one assist) lead the way for Los Angeles while Logan Couture and T.J. Galiardi scored pretty ones for San Jose.
* It will also be in the first round this year after being a semifinal series in 2012.
- Eichel earns assist and scores in shootout as U.S. squeaks by Finland 0
- Canada enters World Juniors as 11/10 favorite; USA next at 9/4 0
- Devils fire DeBoer 17
- More mumps: Downie and Greiss test positive 3
- Orpik reflects on ‘outside pressure’ in Pittsburgh 16
- Canada tabs Fucale for WJC opener 0
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Ovechkin’s great big year of disappointment 10
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Kings win Cup, Martinez the OT hero 0
- Welcome to PHT’s top 14 stories for 2014 0
- Scott suspended four games for punch that was ‘neither predictable, nor acceptable’ 23
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (76)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)
- Panthers hold off Penguins for shootout win (42)