Apr 28, 2013, 4:23 PM EDT
Joe Sacco’s firing in Colorado was apparently the first step to be taken towards improving the Avalanche organization.
Adrian Dater of The Denver Post reports the team’s vice president of hockey operations, Eric Lacroix, has left the team following Sacco’s firing. Team president Pierre Lacroix, Eric’s father, and GM Greg Sherman are still employed.
After seeing the team fall to second-to-last in the NHL for the second time in three years, changes were due to occur. Sacco being fired is the least surprising move to be made, but it’s clear now there may be more moves on the way. Those working in the Avs front office might not want to answer the phone for a few days.
Rumors over who might land Sacco’s job range from Lindy Ruff to Guy Boucher to Patrick Roy. That’s quite the smorgasbord of names to choose from.
- Wild hoping last change can help turn the tide versus Avs 0
- Wild changes: Kuemper starts, Brodziak sits, Heatley draws in 2
- No hearing scheduled for Richards after Couture spear 8
- Kings’ Dustin Brown: ‘We got our [expletives] kicked’ 14
- Feeding frenzy: Sharks devour Kings to take 2-0 series lead 25
- Canadiens push Lightning to brink of elimination with 3-2 win 31
- WATCH LIVE: Los Angeles Kings at San Jose Sharks (Game 2) 0
- Bruins handle Red Wings 4-1, tie series 1-1 41
- Flyers overcome two-goal deficit to finally win at MSG 68
- NHL suspends Seabrook three games for charging into Backes 91
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (152)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (116)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (112)
- NHL suspends Seabrook three games for charging into Backes (96)