Apr 28, 2013, 4:23 PM EDT
Joe Sacco’s firing in Colorado was apparently the first step to be taken towards improving the Avalanche organization.
Adrian Dater of The Denver Post reports the team’s vice president of hockey operations, Eric Lacroix, has left the team following Sacco’s firing. Team president Pierre Lacroix, Eric’s father, and GM Greg Sherman are still employed.
After seeing the team fall to second-to-last in the NHL for the second time in three years, changes were due to occur. Sacco being fired is the least surprising move to be made, but it’s clear now there may be more moves on the way. Those working in the Avs front office might not want to answer the phone for a few days.
Rumors over who might land Sacco’s job range from Lindy Ruff to Guy Boucher to Patrick Roy. That’s quite the smorgasbord of names to choose from.
- Preds torch Crawford, Hawks; even series at 1-1 0
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) 23
- Video: Controversial Kane goal has Laviolette fuming 18
- Huge loss for Preds as Weber (lower body) knocked out of Game 2 6
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 2
- Sabres? Oilers? Coyotes? Leafs? ‘Canes? — McDavid would be happy to play for any of them 36
- Stone a game-time decision, Sens downplay retaliation for Subban slash 25
- Flyers fire Berube 45
- Klingberg signs seven-year, $29.75 million extension with Stars 10
- Video: Perry paces Ducks to victory over Jets with four-point night 13