Apr 28, 2013, 1:18 PM EDT
If it seemed like the Chicago Blackhawks had their minds elsewhere during their loss to St. Louis last night, you’d be right.
Not only did they sit out most of their star players but coach Joel Quenneville was busy scouting the Minnesota Wild. Yes, while his own team was playing.
Quenneville stayed in the locker room as the third period was starting to catch the end of the Wild victory over Colorado that clinched their spot against Chicago in the first round. Bob Rains of ESPN-Chicago hears from the ‘Hawks coach about the Wild.
“Every game has been close when we faced them, and we expect that as we go along,” Quenneville said. “Playoff hockey, every game is going to be tight. We’ve got to find a way.”
Chicago went 2-0-1 against the Wild and won their two games by 5-3 and 1-0 scores. If those games do stay close like that in the playoffs, the Blackhawks had best be ready for a fight.
- WATCH LIVE: Tampa Bay Lightning at Montreal Canadiens (Game 3) 0
- Bruins handle Red Wings 4-1, tie series 1-1 19
- Flyers overcome two-goal deficit to finally win at MSG 44
- NHL suspends Seabrook three games for charging into Backes 82
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 23
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 26
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 49
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 136
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 40
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (136)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (116)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)
- NHL suspends Seabrook three games for charging into Backes (82)