Apr 27, 2013, 9:37 AM EDT
Minnesota’s embarrassing 6-1 loss to Edmonton last night has sparked the Wild to make some changes for tonight’s potential playoff-clinching games against Colorado.
Zucker provides an offensive upgrade and with Jason Pominville likely still out with a concussion they could use it. Veilleux, meanwhile, is more of an energy player and gives them added speed to their fourth line.
After how badly things went last night for the Wild these adjustments could be viewed as desperate. Considering they just need to beat the lowly Avs, every move made at the end is going to be put under the microscope.
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 0
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 9
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 11
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 36
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 5
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 55
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 9
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Cooper on replacing Bishop: ‘That is asinine to me’ 25
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)