Apr 27, 2013, 9:37 AM EDT
Minnesota’s embarrassing 6-1 loss to Edmonton last night has sparked the Wild to make some changes for tonight’s potential playoff-clinching games against Colorado.
Zucker provides an offensive upgrade and with Jason Pominville likely still out with a concussion they could use it. Veilleux, meanwhile, is more of an energy player and gives them added speed to their fourth line.
After how badly things went last night for the Wild these adjustments could be viewed as desperate. Considering they just need to beat the lowly Avs, every move made at the end is going to be put under the microscope.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5