Apr 27, 2013, 9:37 AM EST
Minnesota’s embarrassing 6-1 loss to Edmonton last night has sparked the Wild to make some changes for tonight’s potential playoff-clinching games against Colorado.
Zucker provides an offensive upgrade and with Jason Pominville likely still out with a concussion they could use it. Veilleux, meanwhile, is more of an energy player and gives them added speed to their fourth line.
After how badly things went last night for the Wild these adjustments could be viewed as desperate. Considering they just need to beat the lowly Avs, every move made at the end is going to be put under the microscope.
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 1
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 2
- Leafs’ luck: Bernier gives up long distance goal 6
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 30
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 15
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 15
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 4
- NHL on NBCSN: Rangers, Canadiens seek edge as divisional battles intensify 2
- Struggling Kings complete the comeback against Blackhawks 11
- Video: Tempers boil over between Capitals, Penguins 46