Apr 27, 2013, 9:37 AM EDT
Minnesota’s embarrassing 6-1 loss to Edmonton last night has sparked the Wild to make some changes for tonight’s potential playoff-clinching games against Colorado.
Zucker provides an offensive upgrade and with Jason Pominville likely still out with a concussion they could use it. Veilleux, meanwhile, is more of an energy player and gives them added speed to their fourth line.
After how badly things went last night for the Wild these adjustments could be viewed as desperate. Considering they just need to beat the lowly Avs, every move made at the end is going to be put under the microscope.
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 2
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 12
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 53
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 25
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 19
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 16
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 60
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)