Apr 27, 2013, 6:59 PM EST
Rick Nash entered this season amid plenty of hype. He went from a team that wasn’t able to accomplish much of anything during his tenure to a passionate hockey market fresh off of a run to the Eastern Conference finals.
The Rangers have endured an up-and-down campaign and will enter the playoffs with no better than the sixth seed. However, the 28-year-old superstar didn’t collapse under the pressure or let his team’s rough stretches keep him down.
He consistently produced as advertised and capped the regular season with two goals against the New Jersey Devils, which you can watch below:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos! This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
The Rangers will be underdogs going into their first-round series, but they certainly have the pieces to pull off an upset. Nash is one of the bigger wild cards though. While his talent is unquestioned, he has almost no playoff experience.
During his tenure with the Columbus Blue Jackets, the team made the postseason once, and on that occasion they were swept by the 2008-09 Detroit Red Wings.
- Firing Dallas Eakins ‘would be so unfair,’ says Taylor Hall 6
- ‘It sucks for us, it sucks for the fans’: Oilers losing skid hits six games 3
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ 30
- ‘We did not want to disrespect our fans’: Leafs salute supporters after beating Red Wings 3
- Video: Demers sends Stoll flying with massive open-ice hit 7
- Don Cherry on Leafs not saluting fans: ‘I couldn’t believe these guys would do something like this’ 14
- Report: Dan Hamhuis’ injury is significant, but not season-ending 5
- Been there, done that: Oilers lose five straight for second time this season 10
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ 86
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch 43
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (86)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (78)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)
- After Voynov suspension, Lombardi wonders if teams need a ‘cushion’ in case a player is a ‘bank robber, kleptomaniac’ (51)