Apr 27, 2013, 6:59 PM EDT
Rick Nash entered this season amid plenty of hype. He went from a team that wasn’t able to accomplish much of anything during his tenure to a passionate hockey market fresh off of a run to the Eastern Conference finals.
The Rangers have endured an up-and-down campaign and will enter the playoffs with no better than the sixth seed. However, the 28-year-old superstar didn’t collapse under the pressure or let his team’s rough stretches keep him down.
He consistently produced as advertised and capped the regular season with two goals against the New Jersey Devils, which you can watch below:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos! This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
The Rangers will be underdogs going into their first-round series, but they certainly have the pieces to pull off an upset. Nash is one of the bigger wild cards though. While his talent is unquestioned, he has almost no playoff experience.
During his tenure with the Columbus Blue Jackets, the team made the postseason once, and on that occasion they were swept by the 2008-09 Detroit Red Wings.
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 8
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 25
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 5
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 41
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 35
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 13
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6