Apr 27, 2013, 6:59 PM EDT
Rick Nash entered this season amid plenty of hype. He went from a team that wasn’t able to accomplish much of anything during his tenure to a passionate hockey market fresh off of a run to the Eastern Conference finals.
The Rangers have endured an up-and-down campaign and will enter the playoffs with no better than the sixth seed. However, the 28-year-old superstar didn’t collapse under the pressure or let his team’s rough stretches keep him down.
He consistently produced as advertised and capped the regular season with two goals against the New Jersey Devils, which you can watch below:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos! This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
The Rangers will be underdogs going into their first-round series, but they certainly have the pieces to pull off an upset. Nash is one of the bigger wild cards though. While his talent is unquestioned, he has almost no playoff experience.
During his tenure with the Columbus Blue Jackets, the team made the postseason once, and on that occasion they were swept by the 2008-09 Detroit Red Wings.
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 11
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 36
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 17
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 29
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Lucic issues statement on father’s passing 10
- Hall caught off guard by Oilers’ front office shuffle 18
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 34
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 5
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 58
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)
- Preds, Forsberg finally solve Darling, push series to Game 6 (76)