Apr 27, 2013, 6:59 PM EDT
Rick Nash entered this season amid plenty of hype. He went from a team that wasn’t able to accomplish much of anything during his tenure to a passionate hockey market fresh off of a run to the Eastern Conference finals.
The Rangers have endured an up-and-down campaign and will enter the playoffs with no better than the sixth seed. However, the 28-year-old superstar didn’t collapse under the pressure or let his team’s rough stretches keep him down.
He consistently produced as advertised and capped the regular season with two goals against the New Jersey Devils, which you can watch below:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos! This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
The Rangers will be underdogs going into their first-round series, but they certainly have the pieces to pull off an upset. Nash is one of the bigger wild cards though. While his talent is unquestioned, he has almost no playoff experience.
During his tenure with the Columbus Blue Jackets, the team made the postseason once, and on that occasion they were swept by the 2008-09 Detroit Red Wings.
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 12
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 13
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (47)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)