Apr 27, 2013, 11:06 PM EDT
From a standings perspective, Pittsburgh’s 8-3 victory against Carolina was meaningless, but that doesn’t mean it wasn’t noteworthy for other reasons.
Penguins forward James Neal returned from a concussion tonight after missing roughly three weeks. He ended up finding the back of the net three times and recording an assist in his return.
You can watch his heroics below:
It certainly looks like he’s ready for the Penguins’ postseason opener, although it’s worth adding that he was eased into the lineup with 13:08 minutes of ice time.
Pittsburgh defenseman Paul Martin also returned after missing about a month with a hand injury. He logged 23:31 minutes and recorded two assists.
- Panthers owners say they’re committed even though team has lost ‘tremendous amounts of money’ 3
- Update: Wild’s Harding out indefinitely with fractured foot 17
- Johansen heads home from Columbus as talks get even messier 14
- Kesler accuses Vancouver media of making up stories, ‘throwing people under the bus’ 19
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal 49
- Mike Yeo is pretty unhappy with Minnesota’s goalie situation 20
- Much to his relief, Lecavalier will start season at center 14
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 61
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 15
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 11
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (61)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (49)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)