Apr 27, 2013, 11:06 PM EST
From a standings perspective, Pittsburgh’s 8-3 victory against Carolina was meaningless, but that doesn’t mean it wasn’t noteworthy for other reasons.
Penguins forward James Neal returned from a concussion tonight after missing roughly three weeks. He ended up finding the back of the net three times and recording an assist in his return.
You can watch his heroics below:
It certainly looks like he’s ready for the Penguins’ postseason opener, although it’s worth adding that he was eased into the lineup with 13:08 minutes of ice time.
Pittsburgh defenseman Paul Martin also returned after missing about a month with a hand injury. He logged 23:31 minutes and recorded two assists.
- Burke wants the Flames to be — yep, you guessed it — more ‘truculent’ 39
- Flames fire GM Jay Feaster 36
- Video: Projected rise in salary cap could have some players ‘licking their lips’ 16
- Discuss: Blackhawks score big on Rivalry Night on NBCSN 36
- Crosby: If I had to guess Thornton’s suspension, I’d say 10 games 82
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 12
- Rangers must consider Callahan’s injury history in contract talks 13
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Outrage over hockey violence, Gary Bettman is a happy man, Darryl Sutter is awesome, and more! 33
- Report: Isles coach Capuano not seen as problem 11
- Rivalry Night on NBCSN: Flyers challenge top-ranked Blackhawks 18
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)