Apr 27, 2013, 11:06 PM EDT
From a standings perspective, Pittsburgh’s 8-3 victory against Carolina was meaningless, but that doesn’t mean it wasn’t noteworthy for other reasons.
Penguins forward James Neal returned from a concussion tonight after missing roughly three weeks. He ended up finding the back of the net three times and recording an assist in his return.
You can watch his heroics below:
It certainly looks like he’s ready for the Penguins’ postseason opener, although it’s worth adding that he was eased into the lineup with 13:08 minutes of ice time.
Pittsburgh defenseman Paul Martin also returned after missing about a month with a hand injury. He logged 23:31 minutes and recorded two assists.
- NHL, Coyotes deny report that team is moving to Vegas 0
- Report: Richards’ border incident involved oxycodone 31
- Trade: Bieksa headed to California — but it’s Anaheim, not San Jose 19
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago 82
- Hamilton signs six-year deal with Flames 18
- Sharks get Jones from Bruins for first-round pick and unsigned prospect 42
- Hurricanes to buy out Semin 14
- Bruins are talking to teams about Savard, but not Rask 13
- Report: Richards part of police investigation 46
- UFA of the Day: Mike Green 5
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (82)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)
- Trade: Busy Bruins send Lucic to Kings (66)