Apr 27, 2013, 11:06 PM EDT
From a standings perspective, Pittsburgh’s 8-3 victory against Carolina was meaningless, but that doesn’t mean it wasn’t noteworthy for other reasons.
Penguins forward James Neal returned from a concussion tonight after missing roughly three weeks. He ended up finding the back of the net three times and recording an assist in his return.
You can watch his heroics below:
It certainly looks like he’s ready for the Penguins’ postseason opener, although it’s worth adding that he was eased into the lineup with 13:08 minutes of ice time.
Pittsburgh defenseman Paul Martin also returned after missing about a month with a hand injury. He logged 23:31 minutes and recorded two assists.
- Risk Factors: St. Louis Blues edition 0
- Ryan agrees to seven-year, $50.75 million extension 11
- Julien thinks diving crackdown is ‘step in the right direction’ 37
- Holland doesn’t see Babcock deal by start of season 10
- Risk Factors: Pittsburgh Penguins edition 4
- PHT Morning Skate: Flyers bringing back Ice Girls 15
- Dillon’s agent: Discussions with Stars are ‘frustrating and disappointing’ 7
- NHL shoots down Tkachev’s contract with Edmonton 9
- NHL Board of Governors approves Islanders sale 6
- Johansen, Blue Jackets talks haven’t just resumed, they’re ‘very polite’ 15
- Julien thinks diving crackdown is ‘step in the right direction’ (37)
- Players pushed for coaching fines because they were ‘encouraged’ to dive (34)
- Reinhart admits frustration; time running out to make Sabres? (25)
- Canucks waive Markstrom as Shinkaruk, Jensen continue to impress (23)
- Filip Forsberg has scored two thirds of the Preds’ preseason goals (21)