Apr 27, 2013, 10:06 PM EDT
The Toronto Maple Leafs lost to the Montreal Canadiens 4-1 on Saturday, but they’ll remain in the East’s fifth spot – and possibly face that same team in the first round – anyway.
The Ottawa Senators faced an opportunity to make a big leap in the standings by winning their final two games of the season, but the Philadelphia Flyers topped them 2-1 tonight, keeping both the fifth and sixth seeds out of their reach. Moving from eighth to seventh is still plausible, however.
With these results, the Buds await the results of Sunday’s only game to see if they’ll face the Boston Bruins or Montreal Canadiens in the first round. The Bruins need to win tomorrow’s contest to take the Northeast Division title and avoid such a matchup.
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 13
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 11
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 33
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 110
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 30
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 51
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 77
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 7