Apr 27, 2013, 11:25 PM EDT
Chicago Blackhawks head coach Joel Quenneville was often glued to a nearby TV to find out which West team would take the eighth seed on Saturday, according to the Chicago Tribune. He got his answer soon enough: the top seed Blackhawks will take on the big-money Minnesota Wild.
Minnesota faced a scare for the eighth spot from the Columbus Blue Jackets, but the Wild got the job done tonight thanks in part to hard work from key free agent acquisitions Ryan Suter and Zach Parise. They’ll need continued strong work from that dynamic duo if the Wild hope to upset the Blackhawks.
“When they play like they want to, they can score four or five goals a night and keep it out of their net with maybe one of the best defensemen in the league (in Ryan Suter),” Kane said. “It’s a dangerous team. You definitely have to be careful with them. They’re a team that I’ve watched throughout the year and it seems like one night they look like the best team in the NHL and the next night they look like they don’t even want to be out there.”
The Blackhawks haven’t faced a Minnesota team in the playoffs since they lost a 4-2 series to the North Stars in 1991, but with long-term deals for Parise and Suter, this could very well be the beginning of a new rivalry.
Apr 23, 2014, 2:17 AM EDT
They’ll be facing elimination on Thursday.
Apr 23, 2014, 1:25 AM EDT
Stunner at the Staples Center.
Apr 23, 2014, 12:07 AM EDT
Impressive, but just his first marker of the series.
Apr 22, 2014, 11:50 PM EDT
Apr 22, 2014, 11:31 PM EDT
“They thrived on it.”
Apr 22, 2014, 11:06 PM EDT
Some thought he was milking an injury and even holding the wrong knee.
Apr 22, 2014, 10:53 PM EDT
Flyers fans give it right back, though.
Apr 22, 2014, 10:45 PM EDT
Get this: people will be talking about Flyers goaltending.
Apr 22, 2014, 10:40 PM EDT
Not exactly a thing of beauty, but it counts…
Apr 22, 2014, 10:25 PM EDT
Kept him out of the entire opening round.
Apr 22, 2014, 10:14 PM EDT
Boston’s first win at Joe Louis Arena in seven years.
Apr 22, 2014, 10:03 PM EDT
Not the names you’d expect, huh?
Apr 22, 2014, 9:50 PM EDT
Tampa Bay hits a wall called Montreal.
Apr 22, 2014, 9:39 PM EDT
Another blowout coming?
Apr 22, 2014, 9:03 PM EDT
And creates a little bit of controversy in the process.
Apr 22, 2014, 8:41 PM EDT
Could this be his last appearance with Tampa Bay?
Apr 22, 2014, 7:50 PM EDT
Also: Capitals Winter Classic and Islanders ownership talk.
Apr 22, 2014, 7:14 PM EDT
Steve Mason backs up Ray Emery for Philly.
Apr 22, 2014, 6:42 PM EDT
Who can take a 2-1 lead?
Apr 22, 2014, 6:25 PM EDT
At least there wasn’t a school bus involved with this comparison.
- Sharks beat Kings in OT, take 3-0 stranglehold on series 20
- Rangers chase Emery, top Flyers for 2-1 series lead 42
- Bruins dominate Red Wings, take 2-1 series lead 18
- And then there were 15: Lightning eliminated 60
- WATCH LIVE: San Jose Sharks at Los Angeles Kings (Game 3) 2
- Bettman says shootouts are staying, gives salary cap estimate 31
- Video: Yeo asked if Cooke told to ‘target’ Avs, does not like question 44
- On Matt Cooke and whether he’s a ‘repeat offender’ 58
- Marleau, O’Reilly and St. Louis named Lady Byng finalists 20
- Zuccarello: ‘I’m not a diver’ 50
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (153)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (127)
- Keith doesn’t remember if he taunted Backes after Seabrook hit (125)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (118)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)