Apr 27, 2013, 11:37 PM EST
The St. Louis Blues locked up the fourth seed (and at least one round of home ice advantage) on Saturday, but some couldn’t help but wonder: who’s going to start in net once the postseason begins?
“He’s our goalie right now,” Hitchcock said. “He’s the guy we’re going to go with.”
The Blues faced an unusual set of circumstances last postseason, as both Elliott and Jaroslav Halak were sidelined with ailments. Hitchcock believes that Elliott, 28, was strong in the 2012 playoffs before an ear infection sent things off the rails.
“He was very good when Jaro got hurt in the playoffs and then he had the inner ear infection and didn’t really play up to par,” Hitchcock said.
With Halak and Jake Allen waiting in the wings and a tough matchup in either the San Jose Sharks and Los Angeles Kings in order, Elliott knows he needs to avoid a sub-par outing.
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang 41
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 16
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards 117
- Bobrovsky out 4-6 weeks, Jackets recall goalie Forsberg 3
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 23
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 17
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 32
- Cannonball Run…and gun: Team Toews wins highest-scoring game in ASG history 27
- Supercut: Every goal from the highest-scoring period in All-Star Game history 7
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 4
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (120)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)