Apr 27, 2013, 9:30 PM EDT
The Columbus Blue Jackets did their part to make the playoffs on Saturday, beating the Nashville Predators 3-1.
While the Detroit Red Wings took care of the Dallas Stars to clinch the seventh seed, Columbus needs the Colorado Avalanche to beat the Minnesota Wild or their playoff dreams will end.
(The Wild hold the regulation/overtime wins tiebreaker.)
The Blue Jackets finished April 9-3-0 despite facing a rigorous six-game road trip.
Either way, the Blue Jackets finished the 2013 season fighting. The Columbus Dispatch’s Aaron Portzline reports Columbus fired a season-high 47 shots in Saturday’s game, with 25 coming in a desperate final frame.
They’re hoping for more than just a moral victory tonight, though.
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 0
- Video: Stamkos ends goal drought in style 0
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 9
- Rangers hang on, even series with Caps 55
- Video: Ovechkin splits ‘D’, scores while falling 31
- Flames’ Gaudreau wasn’t happy with benching in Game 1 2
- Video: Blackhawks hold off Wild to take series lead 23
- Video: Therrien fuming after Bolts appear offside before OT winner 46
- Video: Lightning bolt to series lead on Kucherov’s double OT winner 14
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 8
- Niklas Kronwall suspended for Game 7 vs. Tampa Bay (116)
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits (103)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (89)
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb (81)
- Lightning’s Bishop silences Red Wings in hard fought Game 7 (81)