Apr 27, 2013, 9:30 PM EDT
The Columbus Blue Jackets did their part to make the playoffs on Saturday, beating the Nashville Predators 3-1.
While the Detroit Red Wings took care of the Dallas Stars to clinch the seventh seed, Columbus needs the Colorado Avalanche to beat the Minnesota Wild or their playoff dreams will end.
(The Wild hold the regulation/overtime wins tiebreaker.)
The Blue Jackets finished April 9-3-0 despite facing a rigorous six-game road trip.
Either way, the Blue Jackets finished the 2013 season fighting. The Columbus Dispatch’s Aaron Portzline reports Columbus fired a season-high 47 shots in Saturday’s game, with 25 coming in a desperate final frame.
They’re hoping for more than just a moral victory tonight, though.
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 45
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 24
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 11
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 40
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (46)