Apr 27, 2013, 9:30 PM EST
The Columbus Blue Jackets did their part to make the playoffs on Saturday, beating the Nashville Predators 3-1.
While the Detroit Red Wings took care of the Dallas Stars to clinch the seventh seed, Columbus needs the Colorado Avalanche to beat the Minnesota Wild or their playoff dreams will end.
(The Wild hold the regulation/overtime wins tiebreaker.)
The Blue Jackets finished April 9-3-0 despite facing a rigorous six-game road trip.
Either way, the Blue Jackets finished the 2013 season fighting. The Columbus Dispatch’s Aaron Portzline reports Columbus fired a season-high 47 shots in Saturday’s game, with 25 coming in a desperate final frame.
They’re hoping for more than just a moral victory tonight, though.
- Leafs scoring slump hits historical low 11
- Video: Rangers’ Lundqvist takes puck to the neck 3
- Zamboni driver arrested for DUI, allegedly cleaned ice surface while drunk 13
- Mike Richards trying to make the best of being sent to the AHL 9
- Price leads Habs past Caps with second straight shutout 8
- Report: Rob Blake would be Brendan Shanahan’s first choice to replace Dave Nonis 5
- Bettman would be ‘kicking and screaming’ before NHL jerseys have ads 27
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 61
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 8
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4