Apr 27, 2013, 9:30 PM EST
The Columbus Blue Jackets did their part to make the playoffs on Saturday, beating the Nashville Predators 3-1.
While the Detroit Red Wings took care of the Dallas Stars to clinch the seventh seed, Columbus needs the Colorado Avalanche to beat the Minnesota Wild or their playoff dreams will end.
(The Wild hold the regulation/overtime wins tiebreaker.)
The Blue Jackets finished April 9-3-0 despite facing a rigorous six-game road trip.
Either way, the Blue Jackets finished the 2013 season fighting. The Columbus Dispatch’s Aaron Portzline reports Columbus fired a season-high 47 shots in Saturday’s game, with 25 coming in a desperate final frame.
They’re hoping for more than just a moral victory tonight, though.
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 5
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 75
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 3
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 13
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 88
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) 83
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 68
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 47
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 78
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty 172
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (172)
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (89)
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand (88)
- Bruins’ Kelly out with broken ankle after Dupuis slash (85)
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) (83)