Apr 27, 2013, 9:30 PM EDT
The Columbus Blue Jackets did their part to make the playoffs on Saturday, beating the Nashville Predators 3-1.
While the Detroit Red Wings took care of the Dallas Stars to clinch the seventh seed, Columbus needs the Colorado Avalanche to beat the Minnesota Wild or their playoff dreams will end.
(The Wild hold the regulation/overtime wins tiebreaker.)
The Blue Jackets finished April 9-3-0 despite facing a rigorous six-game road trip.
Either way, the Blue Jackets finished the 2013 season fighting. The Columbus Dispatch’s Aaron Portzline reports Columbus fired a season-high 47 shots in Saturday’s game, with 25 coming in a desperate final frame.
They’re hoping for more than just a moral victory tonight, though.
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 16
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 46
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 16
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 44
- Devils post-Martin Brodeur era about to truly start 9
- Report: Rangers expected to announce captain on Thursday 12
- Snider: Flyers not hiding behind ‘horrible mistake’ of signing Bryzgalov 21
- P.K. Subban: ‘I’m not trying to change the game of hockey’ 24
- Demand for Canucks tickets plummeting according to broker 39