Apr 26, 2013, 9:23 PM EDT
The New York Rangers’ injury situation was addressed Friday, with the conclusion of their regular season just a day away.
Even though he did not take part in practice, it sounds like head coach John Tortorella is still counting on Clowe playing in the post-season and being able to play a key role, as well.
“I’m not sure where it all falls into place when the playoffs start but I’m projecting him to be a pretty important playoff player for us,” Tortorella told The Record and Herald News.
“He has the experience, he has the heavy body, he’s done good stuff along the wall. His strengths are very important if you’re going to compete in the playoffs.”
Clowe joined the Rangers just prior to the NHL trade deadline after he was dealt from the San Jose Sharks. He had two goals – his first of the season – and an assist in his first game in The Big Apple.
The Rangers close out the regular season against the New Jersey Devils tomorrow.
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 13
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 22
- Hextall insists he’s ‘on the same page’ with Snider 13
- Krejci ‘probable’ to return versus Ducks 10
- Flyers announce Simmonds, MacDonald done for the season with injuries 18
- Video: Flyers crush Blackhawks, Voracek joins league lead in points 11
- Report: Draft Lottery to be held on Apr. 18 13
- Sens tell fans to stop throwing hamburgers 35
- NHL confirms working with Isles, Leddy regarding Twitter threats (Updated) 16
- Snider: Patience is ‘great with the kids,’ but not with ‘the team we have on the ice’ 11
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Asst. GM Guerin admits Penguins need to lay off the refs (52)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)