Apr 26, 2013, 9:23 PM EST
The New York Rangers’ injury situation was addressed Friday, with the conclusion of their regular season just a day away.
Even though he did not take part in practice, it sounds like head coach John Tortorella is still counting on Clowe playing in the post-season and being able to play a key role, as well.
“I’m not sure where it all falls into place when the playoffs start but I’m projecting him to be a pretty important playoff player for us,” Tortorella told The Record and Herald News.
“He has the experience, he has the heavy body, he’s done good stuff along the wall. His strengths are very important if you’re going to compete in the playoffs.”
Clowe joined the Rangers just prior to the NHL trade deadline after he was dealt from the San Jose Sharks. He had two goals – his first of the season – and an assist in his first game in The Big Apple.
The Rangers close out the regular season against the New Jersey Devils tomorrow.
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 2
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 16
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 58
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 28
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 16
- What’s up with the reports of problems in the Blackhawks’ room? 40
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight 81
- Lombardi happy to get ‘one of the better defenseman on the market’ in Sekera 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Wild need two points from NHL-leading Preds 21
- Video: Potential No. 1 overall pick Connor McDavid goes end-to-end, top shelf 9
- Leafs’ Rielly apologizes for insensitive remarks (86)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (81)
- Chiarelli understands scrutiny on GM and coach, but says, ‘It’s unfortunate that we’re under review for one year’ (69)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (65)