Apr 26, 2013, 9:51 PM EDT
The Minnesota Wild need only two points to capture a playoff spot.
It doesn’t look like that’s going to happen Friday. The Wild, playing in front of their home fans, are losing 6-0 to the Edmonton Oilers after two periods.
Niklas Backstrom allowed three goals on five shots and back-up Josh Harding hasn’t done any better, allowing three goals on nine shots. The Wild’s disappointing performance against the Oilers has also drawn the ire of the Minnesota fans.
The Wild are currently eighth in the Western Conference with 53 points, tied with the Columbus Blue Jackets for that final playoff spot. The Red Wings are one point ahead of both teams.
The Wild close out the season on the road against the Colorado Avalanche – currently last in the West standings – on Saturday.
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 40
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 9
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 39
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 21
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 5
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)