Apr 26, 2013, 10:44 AM EDT
There’s plenty of uncertainty regarding Ryan Miller‘s future in Buffalo as the veteran netminder preps for his 500th career game tonight.
Like, for instance, where he’ll live.
The Buffalo News is reporting Miller’s put his townhouse up for sale, which he purchased in 2006 — a few months before signing a three-year, $8 million extension with the Sabres.
(That contract took Miller to 2009, when he signed a five-year, $31.25 million extension with the Sabres. That deal is set to expire in 2014.)
To put the real estate transaction in context, here’s more from the News:
Though the sale can be taken as a sign Miller believes his time in Buffalo is up, it should also be noted he does not spend his offseasons in Western New York — and the Sabres are set for another long offseason.
He used to go back to his native Michigan for summers, but he now lives with his wife [actress Noureen DeWulf] in California.
Much has been made of whether or not Miller will be back with the Sabres next year, especially after last week’s ugly 8-4 loss to the Rangers that eliminated Buffalo from playoff contention.
Miller gave booing Sabres fans a sarcastic wave before getting yanked from the contest, though he later said it wasn’t a “screw you” gesture, but rather a sign he recognized their frustrations.
“Some people were giving me some grief, and I just picked my hand up like, ‘OK, I hear ya,’” Miller told the Buffalo News. “It wasn’t a screw you. It wasn’t a, ‘I hate you guys.’ It was, ‘You know, I hear ya. Enough. I get it.’
“Just let me try and do what I’ve got to do.”
Prior to that loss, the 30-year-old netminder has already been subjected to a season’s worth of frustration, trade speculation and questions about his future.
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 5
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 28
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 30
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 13
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 25