Apr 26, 2013, 10:44 AM EDT
There’s plenty of uncertainty regarding Ryan Miller‘s future in Buffalo as the veteran netminder preps for his 500th career game tonight.
Like, for instance, where he’ll live.
The Buffalo News is reporting Miller’s put his townhouse up for sale, which he purchased in 2006 — a few months before signing a three-year, $8 million extension with the Sabres.
(That contract took Miller to 2009, when he signed a five-year, $31.25 million extension with the Sabres. That deal is set to expire in 2014.)
To put the real estate transaction in context, here’s more from the News:
Though the sale can be taken as a sign Miller believes his time in Buffalo is up, it should also be noted he does not spend his offseasons in Western New York — and the Sabres are set for another long offseason.
He used to go back to his native Michigan for summers, but he now lives with his wife [actress Noureen DeWulf] in California.
Much has been made of whether or not Miller will be back with the Sabres next year, especially after last week’s ugly 8-4 loss to the Rangers that eliminated Buffalo from playoff contention.
Miller gave booing Sabres fans a sarcastic wave before getting yanked from the contest, though he later said it wasn’t a “screw you” gesture, but rather a sign he recognized their frustrations.
“Some people were giving me some grief, and I just picked my hand up like, ‘OK, I hear ya,’” Miller told the Buffalo News. “It wasn’t a screw you. It wasn’t a, ‘I hate you guys.’ It was, ‘You know, I hear ya. Enough. I get it.’
“Just let me try and do what I’ve got to do.”
Prior to that loss, the 30-year-old netminder has already been subjected to a season’s worth of frustration, trade speculation and questions about his future.
- Devils ink Schneider to reported seven-year, $42 million deal 51
- Big money: Toews, Kane sign eight-year, $84 million extensions 166
- Jets can’t let Kane situation fester much longer 54
- Report: Sidney Crosby will undergo wrist surgery 59
- Kane: ‘I’m a Winnipeg Jet right now… we’ll see what happens’ 51
- McDavid, Eichel top Central Scouting Futures list 14
- Columnist: Mike Green is ‘destined to be traded’ by Caps 40
- Spezza: ‘I’m just a piece to the puzzle’ in Dallas 32
- Ovechkin ‘upset’ at Grabovski departure, happy with defensive signings 18
- Washington Capitals were free agency’s biggest spenders 15
- Big money: Toews, Kane sign eight-year, $84 million extensions (166)
- Pros and cons of Subban filing for arbitration (67)
- Giroux apologizes, calls actions a ‘misguided attempt at humor’ (64)
- Boyle wanted Big Apple after playing in ‘nontraditional hockey markets’ of Florida, California (63)
- Report: Sidney Crosby will undergo wrist surgery (59)