Apr 26, 2013, 10:44 AM EST
There’s plenty of uncertainty regarding Ryan Miller‘s future in Buffalo as the veteran netminder preps for his 500th career game tonight.
Like, for instance, where he’ll live.
The Buffalo News is reporting Miller’s put his townhouse up for sale, which he purchased in 2006 — a few months before signing a three-year, $8 million extension with the Sabres.
(That contract took Miller to 2009, when he signed a five-year, $31.25 million extension with the Sabres. That deal is set to expire in 2014.)
To put the real estate transaction in context, here’s more from the News:
Though the sale can be taken as a sign Miller believes his time in Buffalo is up, it should also be noted he does not spend his offseasons in Western New York — and the Sabres are set for another long offseason.
He used to go back to his native Michigan for summers, but he now lives with his wife [actress Noureen DeWulf] in California.
Much has been made of whether or not Miller will be back with the Sabres next year, especially after last week’s ugly 8-4 loss to the Rangers that eliminated Buffalo from playoff contention.
Miller gave booing Sabres fans a sarcastic wave before getting yanked from the contest, though he later said it wasn’t a “screw you” gesture, but rather a sign he recognized their frustrations.
“Some people were giving me some grief, and I just picked my hand up like, ‘OK, I hear ya,’” Miller told the Buffalo News. “It wasn’t a screw you. It wasn’t a, ‘I hate you guys.’ It was, ‘You know, I hear ya. Enough. I get it.’
“Just let me try and do what I’ve got to do.”
Prior to that loss, the 30-year-old netminder has already been subjected to a season’s worth of frustration, trade speculation and questions about his future.
- Firing Dallas Eakins ‘would be so unfair,’ says Taylor Hall 5
- ‘It sucks for us, it sucks for the fans’: Oilers losing skid hits six games 3
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ 30
- ‘We did not want to disrespect our fans’: Leafs salute supporters after beating Red Wings 3
- Video: Demers sends Stoll flying with massive open-ice hit 6
- Don Cherry on Leafs not saluting fans: ‘I couldn’t believe these guys would do something like this’ 14
- Report: Dan Hamhuis’ injury is significant, but not season-ending 5
- Been there, done that: Oilers lose five straight for second time this season 10
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ 85
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch 43
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (85)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (78)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)
- After Voynov suspension, Lombardi wonders if teams need a ‘cushion’ in case a player is a ‘bank robber, kleptomaniac’ (51)