Apr 26, 2013, 7:36 PM EDT
Greene has only played five games this season. The big 29-year-old suffered a back injury during the season-opener to Chicago and was only recently activated from injured reserve.
The Kings finish the regular season tomorrow versus San Jose.
Sutter wouldn’t say if he expects Greene in the lineup against the Sharks, or for the start of the playoffs.
But he did say Greene’s latest injury was “disappointing,” since the Kings “need him to get game situations in.”
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers won’t fool with Penguins on Rivalry Night 11
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller 56
- Video: Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 32
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 9
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 18
- ‘Almost like a game seven tonight’ for Bruins, Panthers 15
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack 48
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 22
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 9
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 8