Apr 26, 2013, 3:03 PM EDT
Well, he might get one anyway, because apparently he’s got the flu.
It’s not clear if the 41-year-old will be in the lineup Saturday in Washington.
“He may join us tomorrow; he may not,” said B’s coach Claude Julien today, per CSNNE.com. “He’s got a flu bug right now.”
The Bruins, who are battling Montreal for first place in the Northeast Division, finish the regular season Sunday at home to Ottawa.
Julien also provided an update on injured forward Nathan Horton (upper body), who definitely won’t play tomorrow.
“Nathan’s doing fine,” said Julien. “He’s skating every day, he’s getting better. We’re being extra cautious, but we’re making ready he’ll be fine when the time comes.”
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 9
- Stars believe Lehtonen suffered concussion from Haula collision (update) 10
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 9
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 10
- Ryan Murray has knee surgery, likely done for season 1
- Washington finally signs top prospect Kuznetsov 32
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 31
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 66
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 27
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 32
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (66)