Apr 26, 2013, 3:03 PM EDT
Well, he might get one anyway, because apparently he’s got the flu.
It’s not clear if the 41-year-old will be in the lineup Saturday in Washington.
“He may join us tomorrow; he may not,” said B’s coach Claude Julien today, per CSNNE.com. “He’s got a flu bug right now.”
The Bruins, who are battling Montreal for first place in the Northeast Division, finish the regular season Sunday at home to Ottawa.
Julien also provided an update on injured forward Nathan Horton (upper body), who definitely won’t play tomorrow.
“Nathan’s doing fine,” said Julien. “He’s skating every day, he’s getting better. We’re being extra cautious, but we’re making ready he’ll be fine when the time comes.”
- IIHF, NHL to meet next month to discuss World Cup 0
- Caps unveil new Winter Classic jerseys 19
- Drouin out 3-4 weeks with fractured thumb 3
- On carrying three goalies, and which teams might be forced to do it 8
- Bettman: NHL won’t expand ‘just to fulfill somebody’s notion of symmetry’ 10
- Report: Johansen lowers demands, but not low enough 35
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 8
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 44
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers (44)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)