Apr 26, 2013, 3:03 PM EDT
Well, he might get one anyway, because apparently he’s got the flu.
It’s not clear if the 41-year-old will be in the lineup Saturday in Washington.
“He may join us tomorrow; he may not,” said B’s coach Claude Julien today, per CSNNE.com. “He’s got a flu bug right now.”
The Bruins, who are battling Montreal for first place in the Northeast Division, finish the regular season Sunday at home to Ottawa.
Julien also provided an update on injured forward Nathan Horton (upper body), who definitely won’t play tomorrow.
“Nathan’s doing fine,” said Julien. “He’s skating every day, he’s getting better. We’re being extra cautious, but we’re making ready he’ll be fine when the time comes.”
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 21
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 20
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 37
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 23
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 30
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 68
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 3
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation 61
- Return that toaster: Ovechkin-Kirilenko engagement broken off 53
- Report: Leafs sign Franson to one year, $3.3 million deal 8
- Kane, Toews could’ve commanded $13.8M cap hits, says agent (83)
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- Babcock: Cleary a ‘calculated risk’ after playing last year ‘on one leg’ (70)
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (68)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)