Apr 26, 2013, 3:03 PM EDT
Well, he might get one anyway, because apparently he’s got the flu.
It’s not clear if the 41-year-old will be in the lineup Saturday in Washington.
“He may join us tomorrow; he may not,” said B’s coach Claude Julien today, per CSNNE.com. “He’s got a flu bug right now.”
The Bruins, who are battling Montreal for first place in the Northeast Division, finish the regular season Sunday at home to Ottawa.
Julien also provided an update on injured forward Nathan Horton (upper body), who definitely won’t play tomorrow.
“Nathan’s doing fine,” said Julien. “He’s skating every day, he’s getting better. We’re being extra cautious, but we’re making ready he’ll be fine when the time comes.”
- Wings’ Kronwall has hearing today for hit on Kucherov 7
- Kucherov isn’t going to ‘cry’ about Kronwall hit 31
- Nothing but Kuznetsov: Caps best Isles in Game 7 25
- Not done yet: Lightning earn Game 7 against Red Wings 8
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 0
- Blues owner ‘disappointed and frustrated,’ but not ready to ‘throw people under the bus’ 28
- Despite ‘step in the right direction,’ do Canucks need to alter core? 16
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb 80
- Rangers lose Zuccarello indefinitely with suspected concussion 8
- Cooper: Lightning have to ‘suck it up’ and ‘fight through’ Wings’ interference 52
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (110)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (99)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (89)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)