Apr 26, 2013, 3:03 PM EST
Well, he might get one anyway, because apparently he’s got the flu.
It’s not clear if the 41-year-old will be in the lineup Saturday in Washington.
“He may join us tomorrow; he may not,” said B’s coach Claude Julien today, per CSNNE.com. “He’s got a flu bug right now.”
The Bruins, who are battling Montreal for first place in the Northeast Division, finish the regular season Sunday at home to Ottawa.
Julien also provided an update on injured forward Nathan Horton (upper body), who definitely won’t play tomorrow.
“Nathan’s doing fine,” said Julien. “He’s skating every day, he’s getting better. We’re being extra cautious, but we’re making ready he’ll be fine when the time comes.”
- Byfuglien out 2-4 weeks with upper-body injury; Little hurt, too 8
- Bettman concedes there are ‘some members of the NHL family who would like to see fewer shootouts’ 35
- Season over: Avs lose MacKinnon to broken foot 18
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 18
- Bruins sign Krug and Smith to contract extensions 35
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 15
- In praise of the Hamburglar 14
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 9
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 21
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 32