Apr 26, 2013, 3:03 PM EDT
Well, he might get one anyway, because apparently he’s got the flu.
It’s not clear if the 41-year-old will be in the lineup Saturday in Washington.
“He may join us tomorrow; he may not,” said B’s coach Claude Julien today, per CSNNE.com. “He’s got a flu bug right now.”
The Bruins, who are battling Montreal for first place in the Northeast Division, finish the regular season Sunday at home to Ottawa.
Julien also provided an update on injured forward Nathan Horton (upper body), who definitely won’t play tomorrow.
“Nathan’s doing fine,” said Julien. “He’s skating every day, he’s getting better. We’re being extra cautious, but we’re making ready he’ll be fine when the time comes.”
- Agent: Franson has spoken with ‘half a dozen’ teams (Updated) 5
- Your 2015 HHOF Class: Fedorov, Housley, Lidstrom, Pronger, Ruggiero 21
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder 86
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ 81
- Sens’ Chiasson headed for arbitration 0
- Pricey Platoon? Stars reportedly sign Niemi for three years, $13.5M 18
- Hodgson, Stalberg placed on unconditional waivers 24
- Buyouts loom as Richards, Parenteau and Fistric clear unconditional waivers 4
- UFA of the Day: Chris Stewart 17
- Penguins sign Ian Cole to a three-year, $6.3 million deal 11
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (87)
- Stoll charged with cocaine possession, but not MDMA possession (82)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (81)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)
- Trade: Busy Bruins send Lucic to Kings (66)