Apr 26, 2013, 10:36 PM EDT
For the 32-year-old Miller, it was the 500th game of his National Hockey League career. Could it be his last in a Sabres uniform?
There was news out of Buffalo that Miller put his townhouse up for sale, leading to speculation this is indeed his last season with the Sabres.
“There’s been a lot of ‘could be last game as a Sabre’ the last few years,” Miller told the Buffalo News prior to Friday’s game against the Islanders.
“I’m just trying to enjoy the moment. It’s going to be my 500th game. I’m going to approach it the same way I’ve approached the other 499: Just put your pads on and try to do your best. See where it kind of goes, go out and have fun, try and make the saves and see where it all shakes out.”
If that was Ryan Miller's last game as a Sabre, it was a nice finish. Two saves on Tavares in OT, stopped him in shootout for win.—
Bob McKenzie (@TSNBobMcKenzie) April 27, 2013
- Crosby, Pens continue recent dominance of Ovechkin, Caps 9
- Terry Trafford’s body found in Michigan on Tuesday 8
- PHT Extra: What happens if the Caps miss the playoffs? 14
- Wings can’t afford regulation loss to Jackets 6
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter 56
- NHL on NBCSN: Capitals fight to earn first win vs. Penguins in 26 months 11
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 27
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 23
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 19
- Sens’ Ceci won’t return after Weber’s shot lacerates his ear (Update) 8
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (71)
- Chiasson ‘shaken up’ by Peverley incident, won’t dress for Stars tonight (69)
- Flyers’ Luke Schenn on first-period brawl: ‘That’s the way it goes’ (57)