Apr 26, 2013, 12:39 PM EDT
Nobody’s guaranteeing anything yet, but it sounds as though the Penguins will get back defenseman Paul Martin for their regular-season finale against Carolina on Saturday.
“I think that’s the plan,” Martin told the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review. “I was hoping for [Thursday]. But now it looks like probably Saturday. No guarantee. It would depend. But I feel good enough.
“It would be good to get a game in [before the playoffs].”
Prior to breaking a bone in his hand against the Jets nearly a month ago, Martin was enjoying a stellar campaign.
The 32-year-old had 21 points through 33 games and a solid plus-12 rating, all while averaging over 25 minutes per game.
Martin said he felt “great” in terms of overall health and was anxious to get back in the lineup. He practiced on Friday in a pairing with Simon Despres.
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 16
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 21
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 69
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 28
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)