Apr 26, 2013, 12:39 PM EDT
Nobody’s guaranteeing anything yet, but it sounds as though the Penguins will get back defenseman Paul Martin for their regular-season finale against Carolina on Saturday.
“I think that’s the plan,” Martin told the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review. “I was hoping for [Thursday]. But now it looks like probably Saturday. No guarantee. It would depend. But I feel good enough.
“It would be good to get a game in [before the playoffs].”
Prior to breaking a bone in his hand against the Jets nearly a month ago, Martin was enjoying a stellar campaign.
The 32-year-old had 21 points through 33 games and a solid plus-12 rating, all while averaging over 25 minutes per game.
Martin said he felt “great” in terms of overall health and was anxious to get back in the lineup. He practiced on Friday in a pairing with Simon Despres.
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 2
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 14
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 15
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 24
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 15
- Shanahan tasked with ending years of collapses 9
- Looking to make the leap: Peter Holland 1
- Under Pressure: Randy Carlyle 5
- Tandem locked: Sens re-sign Anderson to three-year, $12.6M deal 9