Apr 25, 2013, 12:18 AM EDT
The two seemed to be in a goal-for-goal battle with each other Wednesday in a 5-2 win over the Toronto Maple Leafs. St. Louis leads by two points, thanks to his hat trick. Stamkos is now level at 56 points with Sidney Crosby.
Here’s a clip of Stamkos’ 29th of the season, which came early in the second period. He is now two goals behind Alex Ovechkin for Maurice “Rocket” Richard Trophy as the league’s top goal scorer.
- Quenneville gets $25,000 fine for ‘bush-league move’ 10
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 40
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 17
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 12
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 16
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 61
- Blues prevail in longest game in franchise history as Steen scores in third OT 25
- Video: Sharks’ Brown runs Voynov into Quick, scrum ensues 2
- Opportunistic Rangers pull away from Flyers, take 1-0 series lead 64
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 1) 1