Apr 25, 2013, 10:26 PM EDT
While goal No. 32 only earned the Washington Capitals a charity point they didn’t really need anyway,* it might be enough for Alex Ovechkin to garner his third career Maurice Richard Trophy.
Perhaps just as importantly, Ovechkin’s goal against the Ottawa Senators in Thursday’s 2-1 OT loss provided more evidence that the “old” Ovechkin is back:
That might just be good enough to become a part of his 2013 Hart Trophy nominee montage, eh?
* – The Caps are locked into the East’s third seed thanks to their Southeast Division title.
- Ducks hold off spirited Stars comeback, take 1-0 series lead 5
- Weise gives Canadiens 1-0 series lead with overtime win 7
- Penguins outlast Blue Jackets, take Game 1 48
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers 79
- Bulletin-board material: Why your team won’t win the Stanley Cup 36
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? 57
- 2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs: PHT’s Round 1 picks 35
- Pressing Question: Can the Blackhawks avoid the Stanley Cup hangover? 10
- Florida wins ’14 NHL draft lottery, will pick first overall 42
- Philly mum on Mason’s availability for Game 1 vs. Rangers 26
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers (79)
- Lightning’s Malone arrested for DUI, cocaine possession (73)
- Update: Daniel Sedin in stable condition, hospitalized after scary hit (58)
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? (57)