Apr 25, 2013, 10:26 PM EDT
While goal No. 32 only earned the Washington Capitals a charity point they didn’t really need anyway,* it might be enough for Alex Ovechkin to garner his third career Maurice Richard Trophy.
Perhaps just as importantly, Ovechkin’s goal against the Ottawa Senators in Thursday’s 2-1 OT loss provided more evidence that the “old” Ovechkin is back:
That might just be good enough to become a part of his 2013 Hart Trophy nominee montage, eh?
* – The Caps are locked into the East’s third seed thanks to their Southeast Division title.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 17
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 21
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 23
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 93
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5