Apr 25, 2013, 10:26 PM EDT
While goal No. 32 only earned the Washington Capitals a charity point they didn’t really need anyway,* it might be enough for Alex Ovechkin to garner his third career Maurice Richard Trophy.
Perhaps just as importantly, Ovechkin’s goal against the Ottawa Senators in Thursday’s 2-1 OT loss provided more evidence that the “old” Ovechkin is back:
That might just be good enough to become a part of his 2013 Hart Trophy nominee montage, eh?
* – The Caps are locked into the East’s third seed thanks to their Southeast Division title.
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 5
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 34
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 14
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 18
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)