Apr 25, 2013, 10:26 PM EST
While goal No. 32 only earned the Washington Capitals a charity point they didn’t really need anyway,* it might be enough for Alex Ovechkin to garner his third career Maurice Richard Trophy.
Perhaps just as importantly, Ovechkin’s goal against the Ottawa Senators in Thursday’s 2-1 OT loss provided more evidence that the “old” Ovechkin is back:
That might just be good enough to become a part of his 2013 Hart Trophy nominee montage, eh?
* – The Caps are locked into the East’s third seed thanks to their Southeast Division title.
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 5
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 4
- Breaking: Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 21
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 14
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 41
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 66
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 17
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)