Apr 25, 2013, 10:26 PM EST
While goal No. 32 only earned the Washington Capitals a charity point they didn’t really need anyway,* it might be enough for Alex Ovechkin to garner his third career Maurice Richard Trophy.
Perhaps just as importantly, Ovechkin’s goal against the Ottawa Senators in Thursday’s 2-1 OT loss provided more evidence that the “old” Ovechkin is back:
That might just be good enough to become a part of his 2013 Hart Trophy nominee montage, eh?
* – The Caps are locked into the East’s third seed thanks to their Southeast Division title.
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 71
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 3
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 11
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 87
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) 83
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 68
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 47
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 78
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty 172
- Report: Salary cap ‘may be around’ $70 million next season 17
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (172)
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (89)
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand (88)
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) (83)
- Bruins’ Kelly out with broken ankle after Dupuis slash (80)