Apr 25, 2013, 9:01 PM EDT
The New York Rangers continue to struggle to clinch a playoff spot and might need to do so without a key trade deadline acquisition. Ryane Clowe was injured during Thursday’s game against the Carolina Hurricanes and won’t return, according to the Bergen Record’s Andrew Gross.
It’s unclear whether the issue is even an upper-body or lower-body injury, although Gross hypothesizes that the big forward’s leg is bothering him.
In the meantime, it looks like Chris Kreider will get a chance to prove that he deserves more reps. Helping the Rangers beat the Hurricanes certainly would be a good start.
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 9
- Devils post-Martin Brodeur era about to truly start 1
- Report: Rangers expected to announce captain on Thursday 10
- Snider: Flyers not hiding behind ‘horrible mistake’ of signing Bryzgalov 18
- P.K. Subban: ‘I’m not trying to change the game of hockey’ 21
- Demand for Canucks tickets plummeting according to broker 36
- Report: Johansen, Blue Jackets talking contract 7
- NHL waiting on World Cup announcement, Olympics decision 9
- Leiweke calls out ‘just terrible’ character of certain players in Leafs organization 30
- Crosby: Pens must ‘find a way to get over that hump’ 13
- Will future tweaks be enough to salvage NHL 15? (50)
- This Darcy Kuemper-Minnesota Wild situation doesn’t sound good (40)
- Boychuk doesn’t want to be traded, but has no control over the matter (39)
- Demand for Canucks tickets plummeting according to broker (39)
- The KHL’s really trying to mow Minnesota’s lawn (38)