Apr 25, 2013, 9:01 PM EDT
The New York Rangers continue to struggle to clinch a playoff spot and might need to do so without a key trade deadline acquisition. Ryane Clowe was injured during Thursday’s game against the Carolina Hurricanes and won’t return, according to the Bergen Record’s Andrew Gross.
It’s unclear whether the issue is even an upper-body or lower-body injury, although Gross hypothesizes that the big forward’s leg is bothering him.
In the meantime, it looks like Chris Kreider will get a chance to prove that he deserves more reps. Helping the Rangers beat the Hurricanes certainly would be a good start.
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 6
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 28
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 45
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 39
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 30
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 69
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 3
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Lucic regrets handshake-line actions, but isn’t apologizing (58)
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M (58)