Apr 25, 2013, 9:01 PM EST
The New York Rangers continue to struggle to clinch a playoff spot and might need to do so without a key trade deadline acquisition. Ryane Clowe was injured during Thursday’s game against the Carolina Hurricanes and won’t return, according to the Bergen Record’s Andrew Gross.
It’s unclear whether the issue is even an upper-body or lower-body injury, although Gross hypothesizes that the big forward’s leg is bothering him.
In the meantime, it looks like Chris Kreider will get a chance to prove that he deserves more reps. Helping the Rangers beat the Hurricanes certainly would be a good start.
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head 154
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 98
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 120
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 8
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 15
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 90
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) 88
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 69
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 47
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 78
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (154)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (128)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (120)
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller (98)