Apr 25, 2013, 9:01 PM EDT
The New York Rangers continue to struggle to clinch a playoff spot and might need to do so without a key trade deadline acquisition. Ryane Clowe was injured during Thursday’s game against the Carolina Hurricanes and won’t return, according to the Bergen Record’s Andrew Gross.
It’s unclear whether the issue is even an upper-body or lower-body injury, although Gross hypothesizes that the big forward’s leg is bothering him.
In the meantime, it looks like Chris Kreider will get a chance to prove that he deserves more reps. Helping the Rangers beat the Hurricanes certainly would be a good start.
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue 0
- Stanley Cup Final to begin June 3 4
- Caps’ Backstrom undergoes arthroscopic hip surgery 3
- Report: Sens’ Murray to retire after next season 0
- Of course: ‘Hawks, Ducks’ back-and-forth series is going to Game 7 46
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 6 1
- As Bolts deal with illness, extra day of rest could prove beneficial 11
- Sounds like it’s Rundblad, not TVR, in for Chicago on defense 17
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ 49
- Report: Sharks to name DeBoer head coach 17
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL (53)
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ (51)