Apr 25, 2013, 9:01 PM EDT
The New York Rangers continue to struggle to clinch a playoff spot and might need to do so without a key trade deadline acquisition. Ryane Clowe was injured during Thursday’s game against the Carolina Hurricanes and won’t return, according to the Bergen Record’s Andrew Gross.
It’s unclear whether the issue is even an upper-body or lower-body injury, although Gross hypothesizes that the big forward’s leg is bothering him.
In the meantime, it looks like Chris Kreider will get a chance to prove that he deserves more reps. Helping the Rangers beat the Hurricanes certainly would be a good start.
- More like it? Avs crush Canucks 8
- Video: Beauties from Perry, Eberle and Duchene 3
- Ghost Time: Flyers recall Gostisbehere from AHL 24
- Trotz calls Healy’s comments on Ovechkin (and Ovechkin’s mom) ‘disrespectful’ 26
- Report: Billionaire wants NHL team in Vegas; new Coyotes owner ‘sees flipping the team as a good investment’ 23
- Chara has PCL tear, out 4-6 weeks 19
- Coburn, MacDonald out four weeks with lower-body injuries 20
- Red-hot Quick sets new Kings’ franchise shutout record 10
- Reports: Chara could miss at least 4-6 weeks with knee injury 13
- Video: Red Wings’ stars stun Penguins with late surge 32
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins (82)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)