Apr 25, 2013, 7:15 AM EDT
PHT’s Morning Skate takes a look around the world of hockey to see what’s happening and what we’ll be talking about around the NHL world and beyond.
Who would the Ottawa Senators like to face in the first round of the 2013 playoffs? (Ottawa Citizen)
The New York Islanders have ended their postseason drought with time to spare, but they still have things to play for in their final two games. (Newsday)
There’s a debate in Edmonton about whether Wayne Gretzky’s statue should be moved to the new Rexall Place when the Oilers start playing there, or if it should remain in front of the stadium he played in. That statue, because of how Gretzky’s tenure with the Oilers ended, has a history with him and for a time, he would actively avoid looking at it. Now, it sounds like he would prefer to see it move with the team. (Edmonton Sun)
Speaking of the Predators, they have signed 20-year-old forward Miikka Salomaki to an entry-level deal. The 2011 second-round pick had nine goals and 19 points in 42 Finnish league games. (NHL.com)
The Washington Capitals know what it’s like to clinch a postseason berth with time to spare and then come up flat in the playoffs. With that in mind, they don’t want to lose their edge in their final two regular season games. (Washington Times)
When looking at what went wrong with the Winnipeg Jets this season, their special teams is a good place to start. (Winnipeg Sun)
Highlights from Detroit’s 3-1 victory against Los Angeles:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Apr 26, 2015, 11:01 PM EDT
That’s a fairly modest increase compared to some of the jumps we’ve seen in the past.
Apr 26, 2015, 10:16 PM EDT
He has every right to be.
Apr 26, 2015, 9:12 PM EDT
Montreal will now play either Detroit or Tampa Bay.
Apr 26, 2015, 8:17 PM EDT
Oshie thinks the core has “been playing some pretty good games since the playoffs.”
Apr 26, 2015, 7:42 PM EDT
Montreal had a 1-0 lead at the time.
Apr 26, 2015, 6:58 PM EDT
They got a big task ahead of them.
Apr 26, 2015, 6:20 PM EDT
Habs and Wild look to advance with Game 6 wins.
Apr 26, 2015, 6:18 PM EDT
Minnesota’s earned the right to challenge Chicago again.
Apr 26, 2015, 5:45 PM EDT
He’ll undergo further testing in the not too distant future.
Apr 26, 2015, 4:58 PM EDT
Brian Elliott is on in relief.
Apr 26, 2015, 4:15 PM EDT
That’s one Allen has to have.
Apr 26, 2015, 3:45 PM EDT
He suffered two concussions this season.
Apr 26, 2015, 2:00 PM EDT
The newly appointed Edmonton executive is already busy in his new role.
Apr 26, 2015, 1:15 PM EDT
Eric Fehr would be ready for the second round.
Apr 26, 2015, 12:30 PM EDT
Philly fired Craig Berube on April 17.
Apr 26, 2015, 12:00 PM EDT
He last played at the 2006 tournament.
Apr 26, 2015, 11:30 AM EDT
He didn’t play the second half of Friday night’s win.
Apr 26, 2015, 11:15 AM EDT
Chorney and Dumoulin could also head back to Wilkes-Barre for their playoff run.
Apr 26, 2015, 10:30 AM EDT
He’s been a healthy scratch for three games.
Apr 26, 2015, 9:45 AM EDT
Blues and Sens need wins to force Game 7
- Price makes 43 saves as Senators’ magical run ends in controversy 15
- Video: Fast whistle costs Senators potentially critical goal 11
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 3
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance 84
- Crosby joining Team Canada at Worlds 16
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for today 12
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 25
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 49
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 23
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 43
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (90)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)