Apr 25, 2013, 7:15 AM EST
PHT’s Morning Skate takes a look around the world of hockey to see what’s happening and what we’ll be talking about around the NHL world and beyond.
Who would the Ottawa Senators like to face in the first round of the 2013 playoffs? (Ottawa Citizen)
The New York Islanders have ended their postseason drought with time to spare, but they still have things to play for in their final two games. (Newsday)
There’s a debate in Edmonton about whether Wayne Gretzky’s statue should be moved to the new Rexall Place when the Oilers start playing there, or if it should remain in front of the stadium he played in. That statue, because of how Gretzky’s tenure with the Oilers ended, has a history with him and for a time, he would actively avoid looking at it. Now, it sounds like he would prefer to see it move with the team. (Edmonton Sun)
Speaking of the Predators, they have signed 20-year-old forward Miikka Salomaki to an entry-level deal. The 2011 second-round pick had nine goals and 19 points in 42 Finnish league games. (NHL.com)
The Washington Capitals know what it’s like to clinch a postseason berth with time to spare and then come up flat in the playoffs. With that in mind, they don’t want to lose their edge in their final two regular season games. (Washington Times)
When looking at what went wrong with the Winnipeg Jets this season, their special teams is a good place to start. (Winnipeg Sun)
Highlights from Detroit’s 3-1 victory against Los Angeles:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Dec 10, 2013, 10:36 PM EST
Dec 10, 2013, 10:33 PM EST
Nashville ends a five-game skid.
Dec 10, 2013, 10:02 PM EST
Dec 10, 2013, 9:30 PM EST
Alex Ovechkin made the Lightning pay.
Dec 10, 2013, 8:24 PM EST
At least he made it longer than Braden Holtby.
Dec 10, 2013, 8:08 PM EST
Martin Jones and Ben Scrivens are holding down the fort.
Dec 10, 2013, 7:47 PM EST
Mike Green also gets a game misconduct.
Dec 10, 2013, 7:12 PM EST
GMs sing his praises, too.
Dec 10, 2013, 6:52 PM EST
It won’t happen in 2014-15, though.
Dec 10, 2013, 5:31 PM EST
It’s a hot-button issue in the wake of Saturday’s Boston-Pittsburgh game.
Dec 10, 2013, 5:13 PM EST
Phoenix has just two wins in its last eight.
Dec 10, 2013, 4:21 PM EST
Former first-round pick on his way to Norfolk.
Dec 10, 2013, 3:02 PM EST
We’re about to find out.
Dec 10, 2013, 2:42 PM EST
A loaded Detroit roster gets… more loaded.
Dec 10, 2013, 2:15 PM EST
‘Hawks no like.
Dec 10, 2013, 1:53 PM EST
For the second time this season.
Dec 10, 2013, 1:40 PM EST
Chicago’s goalie depth about to be tested.
Dec 10, 2013, 1:36 PM EST
It really wasn’t.
Dec 10, 2013, 1:29 PM EST
Because he’s spent much of this season questioning his team.
Dec 10, 2013, 12:49 PM EST
When Nashville loses, it loses big.
- Update: Ryan Callahan out 4-6 weeks with MCL sprain 3
- Ovechkin wills Caps to stunning shootout win vs. Bolts 16
- Bettman: No decision on expansion, but they’re listening 5
- Neal admits kneeing Marchand was ‘not the smartest decision’ 67
- Leafs captain Phaneuf suspended two games for boarding 37
- Rangers confirm Staal suffered concussion 8
- Winnipeg to get outdoor game; Phoenix wants one 33
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head 156
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 104
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 136
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (136)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)