Apr 25, 2013, 7:07 PM EDT
It’s easy to get beaten down by what many people are calling “Staalapalooza” on Thursday night, as Jared Staal is making his debut alongside brothers Eric Staal and Jordan Staal for the Carolina Hurricanes against the New York Rangers.*
Sure, it’s a nice touch that Hurricanes coach Kirk Muller started all three to begin the game, according to the Bergen Record’s Andrew Gross.
Still, nothing could cut through the corniness and cheese of this story and make it something that cynics could enjoy, right? Well, this photo of one of Eric Staal’s sons might just cut through some of the skepticism:
(Photo via Hurricanes PR guy Mike Sundheim.)
* – One will inevitably note that Marc Staal plays for New York, but he’s still sidelined with that scary eye injury.
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 20
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 5
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 12
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 24
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 25
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 17