Apr 25, 2013, 7:07 PM EDT
It’s easy to get beaten down by what many people are calling “Staalapalooza” on Thursday night, as Jared Staal is making his debut alongside brothers Eric Staal and Jordan Staal for the Carolina Hurricanes against the New York Rangers.*
Sure, it’s a nice touch that Hurricanes coach Kirk Muller started all three to begin the game, according to the Bergen Record’s Andrew Gross.
Still, nothing could cut through the corniness and cheese of this story and make it something that cynics could enjoy, right? Well, this photo of one of Eric Staal’s sons might just cut through some of the skepticism:
(Photo via Hurricanes PR guy Mike Sundheim.)
* – One will inevitably note that Marc Staal plays for New York, but he’s still sidelined with that scary eye injury.
- With training camps looming, a look at some key unsigned RFAs 8
- Workhorse goalies, forwards from last season 15
- Five interesting players still on UFA market 40
- Trotz will still cheer for Preds ‘like crazy’ 4
- Hextall: Advanced statistics small, but meaningful part of Kings’ success 7
- Hayes sees opportunity with Rangers 28
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 15
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 7
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 31