Apr 25, 2013, 2:07 PM EST
The St. Louis Blues are about to get some much-needed scoring help.
According to head coach Ken Hitchcock, forward TJ Oshie is nearly ready to return after undergoing a procedure to fix a stress fracture in his ankle.
“He’ll be a full-time participant starting tomorrow, so he’ll be ready to go,” said Hitchcock today, per NHL.com’s Lou Korac.
Oshie, 26, has seven goals and 13 assists in 30 games.
The Blues host Calgary tonight, then finish the regular season Saturday at home to Chicago.
It’s not clear if Oshie will be back for the Blackhawks game or if he’ll make his return in the playoffs.
St. Louis has struggled badly to score lately. In their last 10 games, the Blues have just 15 goals.
- Discuss: Blackhawks score big on Rivalry Night on NBCSN 20
- Crosby: If I had to guess Thornton’s suspension, I’d say 10 games 44
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 12
- Rangers must consider Callahan’s injury history in contract talks 13
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Outrage over hockey violence, Gary Bettman is a happy man, Darryl Sutter is awesome, and more! 30
- Report: Isles coach Capuano not seen as problem 11
- Rivalry Night on NBCSN: Flyers challenge top-ranked Blackhawks 18
- Update: Ryan Callahan out 4-6 weeks with MCL sprain 15
- Four goals: Ovechkin wills Caps to stunning shootout win vs. Bolts 62
- Bettman: No decision on expansion, but they’re listening 13
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)