Apr 25, 2013, 2:07 PM EST
The St. Louis Blues are about to get some much-needed scoring help.
According to head coach Ken Hitchcock, forward TJ Oshie is nearly ready to return after undergoing a procedure to fix a stress fracture in his ankle.
“He’ll be a full-time participant starting tomorrow, so he’ll be ready to go,” said Hitchcock today, per NHL.com’s Lou Korac.
Oshie, 26, has seven goals and 13 assists in 30 games.
The Blues host Calgary tonight, then finish the regular season Saturday at home to Chicago.
It’s not clear if Oshie will be back for the Blackhawks game or if he’ll make his return in the playoffs.
St. Louis has struggled badly to score lately. In their last 10 games, the Blues have just 15 goals.
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 5
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 7
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 10
- Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 27
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 14
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 41
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 66
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)