Apr 25, 2013, 2:07 PM EDT
The St. Louis Blues are about to get some much-needed scoring help.
According to head coach Ken Hitchcock, forward TJ Oshie is nearly ready to return after undergoing a procedure to fix a stress fracture in his ankle.
“He’ll be a full-time participant starting tomorrow, so he’ll be ready to go,” said Hitchcock today, per NHL.com’s Lou Korac.
Oshie, 26, has seven goals and 13 assists in 30 games.
The Blues host Calgary tonight, then finish the regular season Saturday at home to Chicago.
It’s not clear if Oshie will be back for the Blackhawks game or if he’ll make his return in the playoffs.
St. Louis has struggled badly to score lately. In their last 10 games, the Blues have just 15 goals.
- Video: Flames, Canucks combine for over 100 PIM in wild line brawl 4
- Preds torch Crawford, Hawks; even series at 1-1 18
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) 44
- Huge loss for Preds as Weber (lower body) knocked out of Game 2 7
- Sabres? Oilers? Coyotes? Leafs? ‘Canes? — McDavid would be happy to play for any of them 37
- Stone a game-time decision, Sens downplay retaliation for Subban slash 25
- Flyers fire Berube 46
- Klingberg signs seven-year, $29.75 million extension with Stars 10
- Video: Perry paces Ducks to victory over Jets with four-point night 13
- Video: Wild hold off late push from Blues 38