Apr 25, 2013, 2:07 PM EDT
The St. Louis Blues are about to get some much-needed scoring help.
According to head coach Ken Hitchcock, forward TJ Oshie is nearly ready to return after undergoing a procedure to fix a stress fracture in his ankle.
“He’ll be a full-time participant starting tomorrow, so he’ll be ready to go,” said Hitchcock today, per NHL.com’s Lou Korac.
Oshie, 26, has seven goals and 13 assists in 30 games.
The Blues host Calgary tonight, then finish the regular season Saturday at home to Chicago.
It’s not clear if Oshie will be back for the Blackhawks game or if he’ll make his return in the playoffs.
St. Louis has struggled badly to score lately. In their last 10 games, the Blues have just 15 goals.
- Blues finish night on top of NHL standings after shootout win 0
- Kings’ Nolan gets double-minor for punching Oilers’ Joensuu 15
- Extended overtime likely to be on agenda in GMs’ March meeting 30
- Lundqvist shuts out Red Wings to claim 300th victory 10
- NHL on NBCSN: Hawks know they can’t take Sabres lightly 10
- NHL on NBC: Red Wings, Rangers fight to cling onto playoff spots 2
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 19
- Stars believe Lehtonen suffered concussion from Haula collision (update) 23
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 11
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 12
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (67)