Apr 25, 2013, 8:05 AM EDT
NBCSN’s ongoing coverage of the 2013 campaign will continue tonight when the New Jersey Devils host the Pittsburgh Penguins at the Prudential Center at 7:30 p.m. ET. In addition to NBCSN, you can also watch the game online.
That defeat won’t change the fact that the Pittsburgh Penguins will enter the playoffs with the number one seed, but how they played was a bit troubling.
“I don’t think … we played our best,” Penguins coach Dan Bylsma told the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. “Especially the first half of the game, the way we managed the puck.
“There were a lot of turnovers, a lot of opportunities for their team to go the other way with speed, and we saw them do that.
“That’s not characteristic of how we want to play, how we want to get into a game.”
Obviously it’s just one game, but the last thing the Penguins want to do right now is develop bad habits going into the playoffs. With that in mind, they’ll be looking to bounce back tonight against the Devils.
Of course, the Penguins would also like to get healthy for the start of the postseason. With that in mind, it must have been particularly frustrating on Tuesday when they lost Brooks Orpik to a lower-body injury.
The good news is that the Pittsburgh Penguins should get Paul Martin back soon.
“He’s continuing to progress,” said Bylsma in a Pittsburgh Post-Gazette report. “He returned to full team practice. … Hopefully, he’ll be able to do that a few more times remaining this week, and it’s a potential he could return to play in one of these games.”
Getting Martin back would be huge, but regardless the Penguins will be looking to play better tonight against a Devils team that wants to finish on a high note before beginning their long offseason.
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (44)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)