Apr 25, 2013, 6:00 AM EDT
Jarred Tinordi was one of eight call-ups from the Hamilton Bulldogs of the American Hockey League to the Montreal Canadiens earlier this week, and there is talk the 2010 first-round pick could perhaps see action in the playoffs.
Here is a little bit of what Dave Stubbs of the Montreal Gazette wrote:
Tinordi, 6-foot-6 and 210 (at least) pounds, will be in the lineup Thursday. There will be no word from head coach Michel Therrien until after game-day morning skate on who comes out in his place.
And if Tinordi performs well, it’s possible — perhaps likely — that he’ll see action in the playoffs which begin next week.
“It’s special to be around Montreal during playoff time,” Tinordi told the Montreal Gazette.
“Whether you’re playing or not, you’re excited to be there. But obviously you’re hoping to get a chance to play. So you work hard and wait to see what happens.”
Tinordi, 21, has just six career National Hockey League games to his name, and just one assist in that span.
- Happy now? Kessel dropped 13 lbs. this summer 11
- Rich Peverley retires from NHL, joins Stars’ front office 9
- Update: Multiple witnesses reportedly subpoenaed in Patrick Kane rape investigation 35
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 28
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 26
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (49)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (43)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)