Apr 25, 2013, 6:00 AM EDT
Jarred Tinordi was one of eight call-ups from the Hamilton Bulldogs of the American Hockey League to the Montreal Canadiens earlier this week, and there is talk the 2010 first-round pick could perhaps see action in the playoffs.
Here is a little bit of what Dave Stubbs of the Montreal Gazette wrote:
Tinordi, 6-foot-6 and 210 (at least) pounds, will be in the lineup Thursday. There will be no word from head coach Michel Therrien until after game-day morning skate on who comes out in his place.
And if Tinordi performs well, it’s possible — perhaps likely — that he’ll see action in the playoffs which begin next week.
“It’s special to be around Montreal during playoff time,” Tinordi told the Montreal Gazette.
“Whether you’re playing or not, you’re excited to be there. But obviously you’re hoping to get a chance to play. So you work hard and wait to see what happens.”
Tinordi, 21, has just six career National Hockey League games to his name, and just one assist in that span.
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 11
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 10
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 25
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 55
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 2
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation 60
- Return that toaster: Ovechkin-Kirilenko engagement broken off 52
- Report: Leafs sign Franson to one year, $3.3 million deal 8
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M 58
- Report: Blue Jackets, Johansen make ‘significant progress’ toward deal 5
- Kane, Toews could’ve commanded $13.8M cap hits, says agent (83)
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- Babcock: Cleary a ‘calculated risk’ after playing last year ‘on one leg’ (70)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (60)
- Report: Zuccarello wants $4.5M per on new deal, Brassard eyeing $5.5M (58)