Apr 25, 2013, 3:58 PM EDT
Halak has been out with a groin injury that’s been tempered by the fact Elliott has been brilliant this month.
According to True Hockey’s Andy Strickland, there’s a “good chance” Halak will start the Blues’ final game of the season Saturday at home to Chicago.
One would think Elliott will start Game 1 of the playoffs, but one would also think head coach Ken Hitchcock won’t hesitate to play Halak if Elliott struggles (assuming Halak is healthy).
Halak was injured for much of last year’s postseason, leaving most of the goaltending duties to Elliott (who was good in the first round, but not so good in the second).
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 11
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 36
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 17
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 29
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Lucic issues statement on father’s passing 10
- Hall caught off guard by Oilers’ front office shuffle 18
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 34
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 5
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 58
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)
- Preds, Forsberg finally solve Darling, push series to Game 6 (76)