Apr 25, 2013, 3:58 PM EST
Halak has been out with a groin injury that’s been tempered by the fact Elliott has been brilliant this month.
According to True Hockey’s Andy Strickland, there’s a “good chance” Halak will start the Blues’ final game of the season Saturday at home to Chicago.
One would think Elliott will start Game 1 of the playoffs, but one would also think head coach Ken Hitchcock won’t hesitate to play Halak if Elliott struggles (assuming Halak is healthy).
Halak was injured for much of last year’s postseason, leaving most of the goaltending duties to Elliott (who was good in the first round, but not so good in the second).
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 37
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 56
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 17
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 34
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 12
- Lovejoy returns to Pittsburgh for Despres 50
- Wild get Stewart as Buffalo-to-Minnesota pipeline continues 51
- Jordan Leopold’s daughter may have orchestrated the Minnesota trade 17
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils 67
- Can the Wings and Leafs work out a deal for Phaneuf? 49
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (170)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder (69)