Apr 25, 2013, 3:58 PM EDT
Halak has been out with a groin injury that’s been tempered by the fact Elliott has been brilliant this month.
According to True Hockey’s Andy Strickland, there’s a “good chance” Halak will start the Blues’ final game of the season Saturday at home to Chicago.
One would think Elliott will start Game 1 of the playoffs, but one would also think head coach Ken Hitchcock won’t hesitate to play Halak if Elliott struggles (assuming Halak is healthy).
Halak was injured for much of last year’s postseason, leaving most of the goaltending duties to Elliott (who was good in the first round, but not so good in the second).
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 0
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 23
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 15
- Shanahan tasked with ending years of collapses 9
- Looking to make the leap: Peter Holland 1
- Under Pressure: Randy Carlyle 5
- Tandem locked: Sens re-sign Anderson to three-year, $12.6M deal 9
- It’s Toronto Maple Leafs day on PHT 10
- Fanspeak: Maurice Richard named greatest player in Canadiens history 15