Apr 25, 2013, 3:58 PM EDT
Halak has been out with a groin injury that’s been tempered by the fact Elliott has been brilliant this month.
According to True Hockey’s Andy Strickland, there’s a “good chance” Halak will start the Blues’ final game of the season Saturday at home to Chicago.
One would think Elliott will start Game 1 of the playoffs, but one would also think head coach Ken Hitchcock won’t hesitate to play Halak if Elliott struggles (assuming Halak is healthy).
Halak was injured for much of last year’s postseason, leaving most of the goaltending duties to Elliott (who was good in the first round, but not so good in the second).
- Subban: Contract in arbitrator’s hands now 14
- Flyers’ Mason broke his right pinky finger playing ball hockey 22
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 64
- It’s back! PHT’s Team of the Day summer series starts tomorrow 9
- Pens sign Spaling — two years, $4.4 million 13
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 32
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 18
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 47
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 59
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame (64)
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (59)
- Poll: Is Drew Doughty the best defenseman in the world? (49)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (47)