Apr 25, 2013, 3:58 PM EST
Halak has been out with a groin injury that’s been tempered by the fact Elliott has been brilliant this month.
According to True Hockey’s Andy Strickland, there’s a “good chance” Halak will start the Blues’ final game of the season Saturday at home to Chicago.
One would think Elliott will start Game 1 of the playoffs, but one would also think head coach Ken Hitchcock won’t hesitate to play Halak if Elliott struggles (assuming Halak is healthy).
Halak was injured for much of last year’s postseason, leaving most of the goaltending duties to Elliott (who was good in the first round, but not so good in the second).
- Engelland suspended five games for ‘reckless’ Abdelkader headshot 0
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: So many bad contracts, coaches on the hot seat, the NHL in Vegas? and more! 7
- Caps’ Wilson to have hearing for Schenn hit 16
- Is the NHL getting closer to putting a team in Vegas? 25
- Martin Jones gets another shutout, remains undefeated 27
- Video: Tom Wilson gets tossed for charging Brayden Schenn 58
- Video: Kyle Quincey ejected for boarding Ryan Getzlaf 17
- NHL on NBCSN: Third time’s the charm for Flyers vs Capitals? 8
- Video: Penguins defeat Leafs, Bortuzzo called for illegal hit to head 71
- Potter suspended two games for boarding Bonino 3
- Updated: NHL suspends Thornton 15 games for Orpik attack (155)
- Janssen: Orpik should’ve fought Thornton, then ‘everything would have quieted down’ (123)
- Bylsma: Neal needs to learn from Marchand hit (114)
- Reports: Thornton will appeal 15-game suspension (107)
- Lucic addresses fight video, says he’s ‘disgusted and outraged’ by Vancouver (101)