Apr 25, 2013, 11:08 AM EDT
It’s not clear if Red Wings forward Johan Franzen will be available for tonight’s home game versus Nashville.
Franzen suffered an undisclosed injury towards the end of last night’s 3-1 victory over the Los Angeles Kings at Joe Louis Arena.
“Don’t know a whole bunch,” Detroit coach Mike Babcock said following the game, per MLive.com. “They just took him off the bench, or made him sit on the bench. I couldn’t use him down the stretch. I’ll find out tomorrow.”
The big 33-year-old scored his 13th goal of the season — and the sixth in his last six games — against the Kings.
If Detroit beats Nashville and Dallas beats Columbus tonight, the Red Wings will qualify for the playoffs for the 22nd straight time.
Related: Bertuzzi plans to return Thursday
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 23
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 24
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 44
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)