Apr 25, 2013, 11:08 AM EST
It’s not clear if Red Wings forward Johan Franzen will be available for tonight’s home game versus Nashville.
Franzen suffered an undisclosed injury towards the end of last night’s 3-1 victory over the Los Angeles Kings at Joe Louis Arena.
“Don’t know a whole bunch,” Detroit coach Mike Babcock said following the game, per MLive.com. “They just took him off the bench, or made him sit on the bench. I couldn’t use him down the stretch. I’ll find out tomorrow.”
The big 33-year-old scored his 13th goal of the season — and the sixth in his last six games — against the Kings.
If Detroit beats Nashville and Dallas beats Columbus tonight, the Red Wings will qualify for the playoffs for the 22nd straight time.
Related: Bertuzzi plans to return Thursday
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 5
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 6
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 3
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 40
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 11
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 15
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 18
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8