Apr 25, 2013, 11:08 AM EST
It’s not clear if Red Wings forward Johan Franzen will be available for tonight’s home game versus Nashville.
Franzen suffered an undisclosed injury towards the end of last night’s 3-1 victory over the Los Angeles Kings at Joe Louis Arena.
“Don’t know a whole bunch,” Detroit coach Mike Babcock said following the game, per MLive.com. “They just took him off the bench, or made him sit on the bench. I couldn’t use him down the stretch. I’ll find out tomorrow.”
The big 33-year-old scored his 13th goal of the season — and the sixth in his last six games — against the Kings.
If Detroit beats Nashville and Dallas beats Columbus tonight, the Red Wings will qualify for the playoffs for the 22nd straight time.
Babcock said he doesn't know if Franzen will play tonight. If he does then Bertuzzi won't play. No other changes—
Ansar Khan (@AnsarKhanMLive) April 25, 2013
From GM Ken Holland. Franzen is planning to play. Will make final decision after warmup.—
Chuck Pleiness (@wingsfrontman) April 25, 2013
Related: Bertuzzi plans to return Thursday
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 13
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 76
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 4
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 14
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 88
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) 83
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 68
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 47
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 78
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty 172
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (172)
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (89)
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand (88)
- Bruins’ Kelly out with broken ankle after Dupuis slash (86)
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) (83)