Apr 25, 2013, 11:08 AM EDT
It’s not clear if Red Wings forward Johan Franzen will be available for tonight’s home game versus Nashville.
Franzen suffered an undisclosed injury towards the end of last night’s 3-1 victory over the Los Angeles Kings at Joe Louis Arena.
“Don’t know a whole bunch,” Detroit coach Mike Babcock said following the game, per MLive.com. “They just took him off the bench, or made him sit on the bench. I couldn’t use him down the stretch. I’ll find out tomorrow.”
The big 33-year-old scored his 13th goal of the season — and the sixth in his last six games — against the Kings.
If Detroit beats Nashville and Dallas beats Columbus tonight, the Red Wings will qualify for the playoffs for the 22nd straight time.
Related: Bertuzzi plans to return Thursday
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 17
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 21
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 23
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 94
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5