Apr 25, 2013, 11:08 AM EST
It’s not clear if Red Wings forward Johan Franzen will be available for tonight’s home game versus Nashville.
Franzen suffered an undisclosed injury towards the end of last night’s 3-1 victory over the Los Angeles Kings at Joe Louis Arena.
“Don’t know a whole bunch,” Detroit coach Mike Babcock said following the game, per MLive.com. “They just took him off the bench, or made him sit on the bench. I couldn’t use him down the stretch. I’ll find out tomorrow.”
The big 33-year-old scored his 13th goal of the season — and the sixth in his last six games — against the Kings.
If Detroit beats Nashville and Dallas beats Columbus tonight, the Red Wings will qualify for the playoffs for the 22nd straight time.
Related: Bertuzzi plans to return Thursday
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 4
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 6
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 10
- Breaking: Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 25
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 14
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 41
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 66
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)