Apr 25, 2013, 11:38 AM EST
Carolina forward Alex Semin will miss the remaining two games of the regular season with a concussion, according to Chip Alexander of the Raleigh News and Observer.
It’s unclear exactly when Semin suffered the injury. He played a whopping 23:10 in a shootout win over the Islanders on Tuesday and, yesterday, head coach Kirk Muller said Semin was “OK” after missing the team skate.
The concussion is a tough end to an otherwise great campaign from the 29-year-old forward.
Semin racked up 12G-31A-44PTS in 44 games in his first year in Carolina and averaged over 20 minutes per game.
Update: Carolina has confirmed the concussion diagnosis and that Semin will miss the final two games of the year.
- Seguin (concussion) cleared to play tonight 0
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ 84
- Will the Rangers use a compliance buyout on Richards? 6
- Malkin (lower body) to miss tonight’s game versus Sharks 20
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 59
- Columbus puts Bobrovsky (groin) on IR, out 4-5 weeks 3
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Olympic odds, Russia’s defense, King Henrik’s new deal, Fire Cappy? and more 27
- With Lundqvist deal done, Sather faces tough questions 11
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension 42
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks 53
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (84)
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (59)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (53)
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension (42)