Apr 25, 2013, 11:38 AM EST
Carolina forward Alex Semin will miss the remaining two games of the regular season with a concussion, according to Chip Alexander of the Raleigh News and Observer.
It’s unclear exactly when Semin suffered the injury. He played a whopping 23:10 in a shootout win over the Islanders on Tuesday and, yesterday, head coach Kirk Muller said Semin was “OK” after missing the team skate.
The concussion is a tough end to an otherwise great campaign from the 29-year-old forward.
Semin racked up 12G-31A-44PTS in 44 games in his first year in Carolina and averaged over 20 minutes per game.
Update: Carolina has confirmed the concussion diagnosis and that Semin will miss the final two games of the year.
- Firing Dallas Eakins ‘would be so unfair,’ says Taylor Hall 23
- ‘It sucks for us, it sucks for the fans’: Oilers losing skid hits six games 11
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ 76
- ‘We did not want to disrespect our fans’: Leafs salute supporters after beating Red Wings 3
- Video: Demers sends Stoll flying with massive open-ice hit 7
- Don Cherry on Leafs not saluting fans: ‘I couldn’t believe these guys would do something like this’ 15
- Report: Dan Hamhuis’ injury is significant, but not season-ending 5
- Been there, done that: Oilers lose five straight for second time this season 10
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ 86
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch 43
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (86)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (78)
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (76)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)