Apr 25, 2013, 7:35 PM EDT
The last time the Boston Bruins played a game, they dropped an opportunity to improve their Northeast Division lead by losing handily to the Philadelphia Flyers 5-2. David Krejci told CSNNE.com that he hopes that embarrassment will work like an alarm clock for a sleepy-looking team.
“I think we have had our wake-up calls in the last couple of games. Maybe the Philly game was a slap in the face,” Krejci said. “We know we haven’t been playing the way we want to. At this time of year you don’t want to think about negative stuff, though. We have three games left, so that’s what we should focus on.”
If any Bruins player needs a little splash of water to the face, it’s the 26-year-old center. Krejci scored a goal on Tuesday, but that broke a five-game pointless streak. Overall, he’s scored just one goal and one assist in his last 10 games.
Some might want to dismiss Krejci’s importance to the Bruins, but here’s an easy fact that underscores his ability: his 23 points topped all scorers in the 2011 playoffs.
The Czech forward and the rest of the B’s host the Tampa Bay Lightning on Thursday.
- PHT Morning Skate: Two top scoring duos collide in Ducks vs. Stars 0
- Pressing Question: Can the Sharks get over past playoff hurdles? 4
- 2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs: PHT’s Round 1 picks 15
- Pressing Question: Can the Blackhawks avoid the Stanley Cup hangover? 8
- Florida wins ’14 NHL draft lottery, will pick first overall 37
- Philly mum on Mason’s availability for Game 1 vs. Rangers 26
- Pressing question: Can the Blues get back on track? 16
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension 91
- Sabres, Panthers have best odds for 2014 NHL draft lottery 16
- Leafs ‘lack an identity,’ says Leiweke 30
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)
- Lightning’s Malone arrested for DUI, cocaine possession (73)
- Update: Daniel Sedin in stable condition, hospitalized after scary hit (58)
- Halak’s agent ‘bewildered’ by Oates’ remarks prior to Blues game (51)
- Here’s the schedule for the first round of the 2014 playoffs (51)