Apr 25, 2013, 7:35 PM EST
The last time the Boston Bruins played a game, they dropped an opportunity to improve their Northeast Division lead by losing handily to the Philadelphia Flyers 5-2. David Krejci told CSNNE.com that he hopes that embarrassment will work like an alarm clock for a sleepy-looking team.
“I think we have had our wake-up calls in the last couple of games. Maybe the Philly game was a slap in the face,” Krejci said. “We know we haven’t been playing the way we want to. At this time of year you don’t want to think about negative stuff, though. We have three games left, so that’s what we should focus on.”
If any Bruins player needs a little splash of water to the face, it’s the 26-year-old center. Krejci scored a goal on Tuesday, but that broke a five-game pointless streak. Overall, he’s scored just one goal and one assist in his last 10 games.
Some might want to dismiss Krejci’s importance to the Bruins, but here’s an easy fact that underscores his ability: his 23 points topped all scorers in the 2011 playoffs.
The Czech forward and the rest of the B’s host the Tampa Bay Lightning on Thursday.
- Update: Ryan Callahan out 4-6 weeks with MCL sprain 5
- Ovechkin wills Caps to stunning shootout win vs. Bolts 43
- Bettman: No decision on expansion, but they’re listening 12
- Neal admits kneeing Marchand was ‘not the smartest decision’ 68
- Leafs captain Phaneuf suspended two games for boarding 37
- Rangers confirm Staal suffered concussion 8
- Winnipeg to get outdoor game; Phoenix wants one 33
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head 156
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 104
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 136
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (136)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)