Apr 25, 2013, 7:35 PM EDT
The last time the Boston Bruins played a game, they dropped an opportunity to improve their Northeast Division lead by losing handily to the Philadelphia Flyers 5-2. David Krejci told CSNNE.com that he hopes that embarrassment will work like an alarm clock for a sleepy-looking team.
“I think we have had our wake-up calls in the last couple of games. Maybe the Philly game was a slap in the face,” Krejci said. “We know we haven’t been playing the way we want to. At this time of year you don’t want to think about negative stuff, though. We have three games left, so that’s what we should focus on.”
If any Bruins player needs a little splash of water to the face, it’s the 26-year-old center. Krejci scored a goal on Tuesday, but that broke a five-game pointless streak. Overall, he’s scored just one goal and one assist in his last 10 games.
Some might want to dismiss Krejci’s importance to the Bruins, but here’s an easy fact that underscores his ability: his 23 points topped all scorers in the 2011 playoffs.
The Czech forward and the rest of the B’s host the Tampa Bay Lightning on Thursday.
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 52
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 40
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 42
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)