Apr 25, 2013, 12:02 PM EST
There’s a good news, bad news scenario at play regarding Nathan Horton.
The good news is the Boston forward skated on Thursday morning.
The bad news is he won’t play Thursday night.
Horton will miss his third straight game with an upper-body injury against the Lightning, still feeling the effects of whatever he hurt during a fight with Pittsburgh’s Jarome Iginla on Saturday.
B’s head coach Claude Julien said Horton is “on the right track” and “progressing well,” though it remains to be seen if the 27-year-old will get back into the lineup before the playoffs.
The Bruins have two games remaining after tonight’s tilt against the Bolts — Saturday in Washington and Sunday at home against the Senators.
You’d think Boston would want to get Horton back in the lineup as soon as possible.
While he’s had a somewhat inconsistent year, he remains one of the club’s best net-front presences and is third in goals, with 13 — an important figure, as all 13 have come at even strength.
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 0
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 1
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 8
- Cannonball Run…and gun: Team Toews wins highest-scoring game in ASG history 13
- Supercut: Every goal from the highest-scoring period in All-Star Game history 5
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 4
- Video: Weber wins hardest shot with 108.5 mph blast 13
- Video: Lightning’s Drouin wins fastest skater 7
- WATCH LIVE: NHL All-Star Skills Competition 2
- Will the Youngstars even have a chance? (Updated) 12
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)
- Video: NHL offers Flyers’ Rinaldo in-person hearing (57)