Apr 25, 2013, 12:02 PM EST
There’s a good news, bad news scenario at play regarding Nathan Horton.
The good news is the Boston forward skated on Thursday morning.
The bad news is he won’t play Thursday night.
Horton will miss his third straight game with an upper-body injury against the Lightning, still feeling the effects of whatever he hurt during a fight with Pittsburgh’s Jarome Iginla on Saturday.
B’s head coach Claude Julien said Horton is “on the right track” and “progressing well,” though it remains to be seen if the 27-year-old will get back into the lineup before the playoffs.
The Bruins have two games remaining after tonight’s tilt against the Bolts — Saturday in Washington and Sunday at home against the Senators.
You’d think Boston would want to get Horton back in the lineup as soon as possible.
While he’s had a somewhat inconsistent year, he remains one of the club’s best net-front presences and is third in goals, with 13 — an important figure, as all 13 have come at even strength.
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 23
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 1
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 5
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 11
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 21
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 49
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 39
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 51
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 4
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 59
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)