Apr 24, 2013, 6:50 PM EST
In the latest edition of PHT Extra, Brough and I discussed the hot topic following the NHL Central Scouting Bureau’s final rankings for the 2013 NHL Entry Draft:
Seth Jones or Nathan MacKinnon — who ya got?
Jones, the 6-foot-4 defenseman from WHL Portland, is the No. 1 prospect heading into the draft, but that doesn’t mean teams won’t consider MacKinnon, the QMHJL Halifax forward that racked up 75 points in 44 games this year.
(Oh, and another 24 in 11 playoff contests).
After that discussion, we touched on Monday’s draft lottery — the first in NHL history where all 14 participants will have a shot at the No. 1 pick.
Go ahead, watch the video. You know you want to.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 5
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 7
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 10
- Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 27
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 14
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 41
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 66
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)