Apr 24, 2013, 6:50 PM EDT
In the latest edition of PHT Extra, Brough and I discussed the hot topic following the NHL Central Scouting Bureau’s final rankings for the 2013 NHL Entry Draft:
Seth Jones or Nathan MacKinnon — who ya got?
Jones, the 6-foot-4 defenseman from WHL Portland, is the No. 1 prospect heading into the draft, but that doesn’t mean teams won’t consider MacKinnon, the QMHJL Halifax forward that racked up 75 points in 44 games this year.
(Oh, and another 24 in 11 playoff contests).
After that discussion, we touched on Monday’s draft lottery — the first in NHL history where all 14 participants will have a shot at the No. 1 pick.
Go ahead, watch the video. You know you want to.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Sabres name Bylsma head coach 12
- Lundqvist on Game 7: ‘You’re definitely nervous, but it comes down to teamwork’ 5
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue 51
- Stanley Cup Final to begin June 3 5
- Caps’ Backstrom undergoes arthroscopic hip surgery 3
- Report: Sens’ Murray to retire after next season 0
- Of course: ‘Hawks, Ducks’ back-and-forth series is going to Game 7 48
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 6 1
- As Bolts deal with illness, extra day of rest could prove beneficial 11
- Sounds like it’s Rundblad, not TVR, in for Chicago on defense 17
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue (55)
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ (54)