Apr 24, 2013, 6:50 PM EDT
In the latest edition of PHT Extra, Brough and I discussed the hot topic following the NHL Central Scouting Bureau’s final rankings for the 2013 NHL Entry Draft:
Seth Jones or Nathan MacKinnon — who ya got?
Jones, the 6-foot-4 defenseman from WHL Portland, is the No. 1 prospect heading into the draft, but that doesn’t mean teams won’t consider MacKinnon, the QMHJL Halifax forward that racked up 75 points in 44 games this year.
(Oh, and another 24 in 11 playoff contests).
After that discussion, we touched on Monday’s draft lottery — the first in NHL history where all 14 participants will have a shot at the No. 1 pick.
Go ahead, watch the video. You know you want to.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 50
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 40
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 42
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)