Apr 24, 2013, 4:03 PM EST
Kings captain Dustin Brown has been suspended two games for elbowing and injuring Minnesota forward Jason Pominville on Tuesday at the Xcel Energy Center.
Here’s the video explanation from the NHL, which ruled Brown was in full control of the play and that “it was not an inadvertent elbow caused by Pominville’s sudden movement.”
Brown will sit out the last two games of the Kings’ regular season — including tonight’s in Detroit — but will be available for the playoffs.
Even though he’ll be back for the first game of the postseason (and will get a nice rest before the real grind starts), Los Angeles will still miss Brown while he’s out. The Kings currently occupy the No. 4 seed in the Western Conference, which would give them home-ice advantage in the first round of the playoffs. However, San Jose and St. Louis would still love to snag that spot for themselves.
The Sharks and Kings play Saturday in L.A.
Brown has 18 goals and 11 assists in 46 games.
Jan 30, 2015, 12:17 AM EST
Head coach Mike Yeo said he earned that goose egg, too.
Jan 29, 2015, 11:47 PM EST
So much for some rest for Frederik Andersen.
Jan 29, 2015, 11:17 PM EST
Two youngsters change teams.
Jan 29, 2015, 10:22 PM EST
A bit of a statement from Tampa Bay?
Jan 29, 2015, 9:51 PM EST
A bitter game at times.
Jan 29, 2015, 9:44 PM EST
Oliver Ekman-Larsson catches him sleeping.
Jan 29, 2015, 9:33 PM EST
Another strong game on NBCSN.
Jan 29, 2015, 8:49 PM EST
Nice applause in his return to Ottawa.
Jan 29, 2015, 8:19 PM EST
Jan 29, 2015, 7:12 PM EST
To some extent, it was about staying closer to the game.
Jan 29, 2015, 6:17 PM EST
Bask in a budding rivalry.
Jan 29, 2015, 5:28 PM EST
The first of a Thursday night doubleheader on NBCSN.
Jan 29, 2015, 4:36 PM EST
The Coyotes and Canucks, that’s who.
Jan 29, 2015, 3:36 PM EST
In the wake of the controversial injury to Derek Dorsett.
Jan 29, 2015, 3:29 PM EST
News and notes from around the crease…
Jan 29, 2015, 3:07 PM EST
Hopefully he can stay healthy this time.
Jan 29, 2015, 2:45 PM EST
“Consistency is still a word that we use constantly around here, bringing it all the time, and being emotionally attached to the games.”
Jan 29, 2015, 2:21 PM EST
Just months after COO John Collins said that jersey sponsorship “is coming” to the league.
Jan 29, 2015, 2:06 PM EST
“We’ve gotten better, and we’ve got to keep getting better.”
Jan 29, 2015, 1:51 PM EST
But the reigning Stanley Cup champs will have to share the stage with another L.A. team.
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 4
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 2
- Leafs’ luck: Bernier gives up long distance goal, things unravel in third 15
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 33
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 15
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 15
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 4
- NHL on NBCSN: Rangers, Canadiens seek edge as divisional battles intensify 2
- Struggling Kings complete the comeback against Blackhawks 11
- Video: Tempers boil over between Capitals, Penguins 46