Apr 24, 2013, 11:03 AM EDT
The Dallas Stars needed a win last night in San Jose.
They didn’t get it.
As a result, their playoff chances are down to just 4.8%, according to Sports Club Stats.
After the Stars’ stumble, it’s Detroit and Columbus who are battling closest for the final playoff spot in the Western Conference.
The Red Wings host defending champion Los Angeles tonight (on NBCSN).
“That team is rolling now. L.A. can’t win the division but they’re still jockeying for home ice. It’s a big game.”
Nashville’s at Joe Louis Arena tomorrow, then it’s a trip to Dallas Saturday for what may still be a big game.
As for the Jackets, they’ve only got two games left — in Dallas Thursday, home to Nashville Saturday.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 20
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5