Apr 24, 2013, 11:03 AM EDT
The Dallas Stars needed a win last night in San Jose.
They didn’t get it.
As a result, their playoff chances are down to just 4.8%, according to Sports Club Stats.
After the Stars’ stumble, it’s Detroit and Columbus who are battling closest for the final playoff spot in the Western Conference.
The Red Wings host defending champion Los Angeles tonight (on NBCSN).
“That team is rolling now. L.A. can’t win the division but they’re still jockeying for home ice. It’s a big game.”
Nashville’s at Joe Louis Arena tomorrow, then it’s a trip to Dallas Saturday for what may still be a big game.
As for the Jackets, they’ve only got two games left — in Dallas Thursday, home to Nashville Saturday.
- Flyers’ Mason broke his right pinky finger playing ball hockey 11
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 56
- It’s back! PHT’s Team of the Day summer series starts tomorrow 7
- Pens sign Spaling — two years, $4.4 million 13
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 30
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 18
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 46
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 59
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 21
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame (62)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (59)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (46)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (45)