Apr 24, 2013, 11:03 AM EDT
The Dallas Stars needed a win last night in San Jose.
They didn’t get it.
As a result, their playoff chances are down to just 4.8%, according to Sports Club Stats.
After the Stars’ stumble, it’s Detroit and Columbus who are battling closest for the final playoff spot in the Western Conference.
The Red Wings host defending champion Los Angeles tonight (on NBCSN).
“That team is rolling now. L.A. can’t win the division but they’re still jockeying for home ice. It’s a big game.”
Nashville’s at Joe Louis Arena tomorrow, then it’s a trip to Dallas Saturday for what may still be a big game.
As for the Jackets, they’ve only got two games left — in Dallas Thursday, home to Nashville Saturday.
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 6
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 16
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 25
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 6
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 41
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 35
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 13