Apr 24, 2013, 11:03 AM EDT
The Dallas Stars needed a win last night in San Jose.
They didn’t get it.
As a result, their playoff chances are down to just 4.8%, according to Sports Club Stats.
After the Stars’ stumble, it’s Detroit and Columbus who are battling closest for the final playoff spot in the Western Conference.
The Red Wings host defending champion Los Angeles tonight (on NBCSN).
“That team is rolling now. L.A. can’t win the division but they’re still jockeying for home ice. It’s a big game.”
Nashville’s at Joe Louis Arena tomorrow, then it’s a trip to Dallas Saturday for what may still be a big game.
As for the Jackets, they’ve only got two games left — in Dallas Thursday, home to Nashville Saturday.
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 23
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 21
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 39
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 23
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 30
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 68
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 3
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation 61
- Return that toaster: Ovechkin-Kirilenko engagement broken off 53
- Report: Leafs sign Franson to one year, $3.3 million deal 8
- Kane, Toews could’ve commanded $13.8M cap hits, says agent (83)
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- Babcock: Cleary a ‘calculated risk’ after playing last year ‘on one leg’ (70)
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (68)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)