Apr 24, 2013, 7:15 AM EDT
PHT’s Morning Skate takes a look around the world of hockey to see what’s happening and what we’ll be talking about around the NHL world and beyond.
The Winnipeg Jets need help if they’re going to make the playoffs. (Winnipeg Sun)
The New Jersey Devils got a scare on Tuesday when Ilya Kovalchuk crashed into the end boards and hit his shoulder towards the end of the third period. It was very similar to the play that recently sidelined him for 11 games, but fortunately he appears to be fine this time around. “I hit with my other shoulder, so it’s good,” Kovalchuk explained. (Bergen Record)
Without any chance of advancing to the postseason, the New Jersey Devils just want to head into the summer on a winning streak. (The Star-Ledger)
Highlights from Philadelphia’s 5-2 victory over Boston:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 16
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 4
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 5
- Report: Bertuzzi-Moore case settled out of court (Update: Bertuzzi’s lawyer confirms) 34
- Poll: Will Washington get back into the playoffs? 28
- Buffalo lands next two NHL scouting combines 23
- Under Pressure: In Washington? Take your pick 24
- It’s Washington Capitals day on PHT 42
- It’s Florida Panthers day on PHT 8