Apr 24, 2013, 7:15 AM EDT
PHT’s Morning Skate takes a look around the world of hockey to see what’s happening and what we’ll be talking about around the NHL world and beyond.
The Winnipeg Jets need help if they’re going to make the playoffs. (Winnipeg Sun)
The New Jersey Devils got a scare on Tuesday when Ilya Kovalchuk crashed into the end boards and hit his shoulder towards the end of the third period. It was very similar to the play that recently sidelined him for 11 games, but fortunately he appears to be fine this time around. “I hit with my other shoulder, so it’s good,” Kovalchuk explained. (Bergen Record)
Without any chance of advancing to the postseason, the New Jersey Devils just want to head into the summer on a winning streak. (The Star-Ledger)
Highlights from Philadelphia’s 5-2 victory over Boston:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 13
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 11
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 33
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 110
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 30
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 51
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 77
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 7