Apr 24, 2013, 7:15 AM EDT
PHT’s Morning Skate takes a look around the world of hockey to see what’s happening and what we’ll be talking about around the NHL world and beyond.
The Winnipeg Jets need help if they’re going to make the playoffs. (Winnipeg Sun)
The New Jersey Devils got a scare on Tuesday when Ilya Kovalchuk crashed into the end boards and hit his shoulder towards the end of the third period. It was very similar to the play that recently sidelined him for 11 games, but fortunately he appears to be fine this time around. “I hit with my other shoulder, so it’s good,” Kovalchuk explained. (Bergen Record)
Without any chance of advancing to the postseason, the New Jersey Devils just want to head into the summer on a winning streak. (The Star-Ledger)
Highlights from Philadelphia’s 5-2 victory over Boston:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 17
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 9
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 9
- Update: NHL wants to see fine system in action before publicizing diving 5
- Get your odds to make the playoffs for all 30 NHL teams 18
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 25
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 48
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 18
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 54