Apr 24, 2013, 9:02 AM EDT
NBCSN’s ongoing coverage of the 2013 campaign will continue tonight when the Phoenix Coyotes host the San Jose Sharks at Jobing.com Arena at 10:00 p.m. ET. In addition to NBCSN, you can also watch the game online.
San Jose guaranteed its playoff spot by beating the Dallas Stars yesterday, but the squad can’t take a break yet.
“There’s a sense of relief, but it can’t be a sense of relaxation,” Sharks coach Todd McLellan told CSN Bay Area. “When we came in, we immediately looked at what happened tonight around the league, and there’s still a chance for home ice. That would be a nice thing to have.”
The Sharks are now tied with the Los Angeles Kings in points in the battle for the fourth seed in the Western Conference. Both teams have two games left, but the Kings have an insurmountable lead in ROW (wins excluding shootout victories), so the tie will go to Los Angeles.
It’s worth adding that the Sharks and Kings will end their respective regular season schedules by facing each other on Saturday (10:30 p.m. ET, NBCSN).
San Jose has been a dominating 17-2-5 at home, but 8-12-2 on the road, so the importance of securing the fourth seed shouldn’t be dismissed.
That being said, the Sharks will have their work cut out for them tonight in what will be their third game in just four days.
“It’s going to be tough with back-to-backs and three [games] in four [nights],” Sharks forward Logan Couture admitted, “but we’re just going to see what we’re made of.”
The Phoenix Coyotes are coming off of a 4-0 loss to Detroit on Monday. Although they made it all the way to the 2012 Western Conference finals, they don’t have much left to play for now except for personal pride.
San Jose – Defensemen: Jason Demers (lower body)
Phoenix – None
Mar 11, 2014, 5:33 PM EDT
Because there’s a really good chance they will.
Mar 11, 2014, 4:56 PM EDT
Big development for the ‘Hawks.
Mar 11, 2014, 4:47 PM EDT
Click for the details.
Mar 11, 2014, 4:26 PM EDT
All the latest from the blue paint…
Mar 11, 2014, 3:54 PM EDT
“We played well in the first game, but then it all disappeared.”
Mar 11, 2014, 3:49 PM EDT
The sons of George and Brian, respectively.
Mar 11, 2014, 2:49 PM EDT
Whether he does or not will impact the Flyers’ roster.
Mar 11, 2014, 2:41 PM EDT
A big defenseman from Lake Superior State.
Mar 11, 2014, 2:18 PM EDT
Burly power forward’s in the midst of a disappointing season.
Mar 11, 2014, 1:51 PM EDT
“It’s great to have him around,” said Wild head coach Mike Yeo.
Mar 11, 2014, 12:47 PM EDT
Dallas GM Jim Nill also released a statement.
Mar 11, 2014, 12:38 PM EDT
“We need to take this one, especially if there’s a four-point swing,” says d-man Brendan Smith.
Mar 11, 2014, 12:25 PM EDT
Rough season for him, to say the least.
Mar 11, 2014, 12:12 PM EDT
Suffered third straight loss on Monday night vs. Toronto.
Mar 11, 2014, 12:07 PM EDT
“The fans won’t have it. The players won’t have it. And even if you hire a new GM, there is no way he’ll have it.”
Mar 11, 2014, 10:52 AM EDT
He thinks the Panthers have a shot at winning the Stanley Cup before he retires.
Mar 11, 2014, 10:02 AM EDT
The Calgary Flames were already missing several forwards.
Mar 11, 2014, 9:12 AM EDT
Nothing’s official, but it sounds like he’ll stick with the Buffalo Sabres after all.
Mar 11, 2014, 8:43 AM EDT
Washington desperately needs the two points.
Mar 11, 2014, 8:00 AM EDT
Tuesday’s collection of links.
- PHT Extra: What happens if the Caps miss the playoffs? 0
- Wings can’t afford regulation loss to Jackets 6
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter 45
- NHL on NBCSN: Capitals fight to earn first win vs. Penguins in 26 months 10
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 25
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 23
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 17
- Sens’ Ceci won’t return after Weber’s shot lacerates his ear (Update) 8
- Gillis pleads his case: ‘We are enduring a challenging period’ 25
- Nolan gets a game for punching ‘unsuspecting’ Joensuu 45
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (71)
- Report: Flyers table ‘substantial offer’ for Kesler, also inquiring about Edler (59)