Apr 24, 2013, 5:37 PM EST
According to Mike Russo of the Minnesota Star-Tribune, Wild GM Chuck Fletcher said it’s too early to say if he’ll recall a forward to replace Pominville on the active roster.
Minnesota doesn’t play again until Friday — against the Oilers, in Edmonton — and could clinch a playoff spot before then.
If Detroit loses in regulation tonight against Los Angeles and Tomorrow against Nashville, or Columbus loses in regulation tomorrow at Dallas, the Wild will qualify for the postseason for the first time since 2008.
If that happens, it’ll be curious to see if Minnesota plays Pominville at all.
The 30-year-old forward, acquired at the trade deadline, looked wobbly heading to the bench after the Brown hit.
That raised concerns of a possible concussion, and Russo notes that Pominville did miss nine games during the 2010-11 season with a concussion on this brutal hit from Chicago’s Niklas Hjalmarsson:
Speaking of bad hits, Brown was suspended two games for his elbow.
Dec 22, 2014, 10:02 AM EST
“I’ve used almost every strategy I’ve got, and I love him.”
Dec 22, 2014, 9:42 AM EST
Volpatti will return to the long-term injured reserve list.
Dec 22, 2014, 8:54 AM EST
Brian Gionta was injured as a result of the blow.
Dec 22, 2014, 8:00 AM EST
Monday’s collection of links.
Dec 22, 2014, 12:16 AM EST
He’s the oldest goalie to win his debut since Hugh Lehman in 1926.
Dec 21, 2014, 10:38 PM EST
Buffalo suffered its third straight loss.
Dec 21, 2014, 10:07 PM EST
Toronto has lost three straight games.
Dec 21, 2014, 9:42 PM EST
Will this be the worst season Edmonton has ever had?
Dec 21, 2014, 9:09 PM EST
Varlamov is expected to be back on Tuesday.
Dec 21, 2014, 8:17 PM EST
Bartkowski received a game misconduct.
Dec 21, 2014, 7:39 PM EST
The Stars swapping goaltenders didn’t slow Edmonton.
Dec 21, 2014, 6:48 PM EST
He had been playing with Patrick Kane and Kris Versteeg.
Dec 21, 2014, 5:56 PM EST
The Hurricanes are getting close to full strength.
Dec 21, 2014, 5:00 PM EST
Will Calvin Pickard be sent to the minors once Varlamov is healthy?
Dec 21, 2014, 3:45 PM EST
Rob Zepp makes NHL debut
Dec 21, 2014, 3:00 PM EST
Collapsed on the team’s bench Saturday night.
Dec 21, 2014, 2:15 PM EST
Was fired by the Oilers Dec. 15.
Dec 21, 2014, 1:30 PM EST
The 33-year-old was recalled Friday.
Dec 21, 2014, 12:45 PM EST
The Penguins forward was penalized twice for embellishment on Saturday.
Dec 21, 2014, 12:00 PM EST
Torrey Mitchell and Tyson Strachan have been placed on IR
- Flyers rally as Zepp wins his career debut at 33 years old 13
- Oilers squander three-goal lead, lose 18th time in 19 games 10
- Pickard makes one last bid to stay, beats Wings in nine-round SO 5
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno 31
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 17
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 18
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 8
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 40
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 11