Apr 24, 2013, 5:37 PM EST
According to Mike Russo of the Minnesota Star-Tribune, Wild GM Chuck Fletcher said it’s too early to say if he’ll recall a forward to replace Pominville on the active roster.
Minnesota doesn’t play again until Friday — against the Oilers, in Edmonton — and could clinch a playoff spot before then.
If Detroit loses in regulation tonight against Los Angeles and Tomorrow against Nashville, or Columbus loses in regulation tomorrow at Dallas, the Wild will qualify for the postseason for the first time since 2008.
If that happens, it’ll be curious to see if Minnesota plays Pominville at all.
The 30-year-old forward, acquired at the trade deadline, looked wobbly heading to the bench after the Brown hit.
That raised concerns of a possible concussion, and Russo notes that Pominville did miss nine games during the 2010-11 season with a concussion on this brutal hit from Chicago’s Niklas Hjalmarsson:
Speaking of bad hits, Brown was suspended two games for his elbow.
- Miller’s second straight shutout puts Canucks in NHL lead 15
- Video: Ennis fires behind his back while falling, scores 3
- Video: Hjalmarsson crushes Kesler, Lindholm scores in wild sequence (Updated) 6
- Trade: Ducks get Brewer from Lightning; Beauchemin out 4-6 weeks 2
- Thanksgiving Shutdown: Rangers blank listless Flyers for second time this season 25
- Video: Martin St. Louis scores goal for 1,000th point 2
- Actual video proof that Brodeur is practicing with the Blues 5
- Return of the Mac: Rangers captain McDonagh in today vs. Flyers 3
- NHL on NBC: Rangers vs. Flyers in a Thanksgiving Showdown 2
- Garbutt suspended two games for ‘reckless’ knee-on-knee hit 1
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)
- Report: Perron’s name comes up as Oilers seek trade for ‘top center’ (45)
- Video: Bruins see two goals waved off (44)
- Isles make some history; Are the Flyers headed for trouble? (43)