Apr 24, 2013, 5:37 PM EDT
According to Mike Russo of the Minnesota Star-Tribune, Wild GM Chuck Fletcher said it’s too early to say if he’ll recall a forward to replace Pominville on the active roster.
Minnesota doesn’t play again until Friday — against the Oilers, in Edmonton — and could clinch a playoff spot before then.
If Detroit loses in regulation tonight against Los Angeles and Tomorrow against Nashville, or Columbus loses in regulation tomorrow at Dallas, the Wild will qualify for the postseason for the first time since 2008.
If that happens, it’ll be curious to see if Minnesota plays Pominville at all.
The 30-year-old forward, acquired at the trade deadline, looked wobbly heading to the bench after the Brown hit.
That raised concerns of a possible concussion, and Russo notes that Pominville did miss nine games during the 2010-11 season with a concussion on this brutal hit from Chicago’s Niklas Hjalmarsson:
Speaking of bad hits, Brown was suspended two games for his elbow.
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 19
- WATCH LIVE: Rangers at Lightning, Game 4 of Eastern Conference Final 6
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 42
- All eyes on Lundqvist 11
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 12
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 30
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 39
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 48
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 26
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)