Apr 24, 2013, 5:37 PM EST
According to Mike Russo of the Minnesota Star-Tribune, Wild GM Chuck Fletcher said it’s too early to say if he’ll recall a forward to replace Pominville on the active roster.
Minnesota doesn’t play again until Friday — against the Oilers, in Edmonton — and could clinch a playoff spot before then.
If Detroit loses in regulation tonight against Los Angeles and Tomorrow against Nashville, or Columbus loses in regulation tomorrow at Dallas, the Wild will qualify for the postseason for the first time since 2008.
If that happens, it’ll be curious to see if Minnesota plays Pominville at all.
The 30-year-old forward, acquired at the trade deadline, looked wobbly heading to the bench after the Brown hit.
That raised concerns of a possible concussion, and Russo notes that Pominville did miss nine games during the 2010-11 season with a concussion on this brutal hit from Chicago’s Niklas Hjalmarsson:
Speaking of bad hits, Brown was suspended two games for his elbow.
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 0
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 2
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 11
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 86
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) 81
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 68
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 47
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 78
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty 171
- Report: Salary cap ‘may be around’ $70 million next season 17
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (171)
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (89)
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand (86)
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) (81)
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ (78)