Apr 24, 2013, 7:45 PM EST
You can count Los Angeles bench boss Darryl Sutter among those not happy with the Dustin Brown suspension.
A short while after learning his captain would be lost for the final two games of the regular season for elbowing Minnesota’s Jason Pominville, Sutter told Lisa Dillman of the LA Times he was ‘disappointed’ in the decision.
“Obviously we were disappointed in the decision, quite honest,” Sutter explained. “Because it was exactly what Brownie says, is exactly what happened — there was no intention, or leading.”
Following last night’s game — a 2-1 Minnesota win — Brown tried to explain his actions, saying he wasn’t trying to hurt Pominville.
“I had the puck on my stick,” he said. “He’s coming to hit me. I’m just bracing myself.”
Brown, who doesn’t have a history of suspendable offenses, will miss Los Angeles’ game tonight against Detroit and Saturday against San Jose.
Not being available for the Saturday game is a big, because the Kings could be playing the Sharks for fourth place in the Western Conference, and home-ice advantage in the opening round.
Not that Sutter’s going to concern himself with that.
“Two games — that’s what we live with,” he told the Times. “At least we know we have him for Game 1 [of the playoffs].”
- Martin Jones gets another shutout, remains undefeated 12
- Video: Tom Wilson gets tossed for charging Brayden Schenn 52
- Video: Kyle Quincey ejected for boarding Ryan Getzlaf 15
- NHL on NBCSN: Third time’s the charm for Flyers vs Capitals? 8
- Video: Penguins defeat Leafs, Bortuzzo called for illegal hit to head 71
- Potter suspended two games for boarding Bonino 3
- Reports: Thornton will appeal 15-game suspension 107
- Lucic addresses fight video, says he’s ‘disgusted and outraged’ by Vancouver 100
- Pittsburgh’s special teams have been pretty good; Florida’s not so much 3
- Flyers blow 4-1 lead, Caps win in shootout 25
- Updated: NHL suspends Thornton 15 games for Orpik attack (155)
- Janssen: Orpik should’ve fought Thornton, then ‘everything would have quieted down’ (123)
- Bylsma: Neal needs to learn from Marchand hit (114)
- Reports: Thornton will appeal 15-game suspension (107)
- Lucic addresses fight video, says he’s ‘disgusted and outraged’ by Vancouver (101)