Apr 24, 2013, 2:56 PM EST
“I was frustrated from losing. That’s all it was,” Keith said today, per Mark Lazerus of the Chicago Sun-Times.
Some accused Keith of sexism when he noted the reporter’s gender in a back-and-forth about a slash he gave Canucks forward Daniel Sedin during the game. But Keith said there was “no intent” to his comments and that he respects reporters of both genders.
The reporter, Karen Thomson of TEAM 1040, isn’t making a big deal of it anyway. She tweeted yesterday: “Hockey is an emotional game and things are often said in the heat of the moment. I think this is what happened last night. I’ve moved on.”
Keith, too, says he’s “moved on.”
You can listen to the audio of the original interview here.
- Crosby: If I had to guess Thornton’s suspension, I’d say 10 games 26
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 12
- Rangers must consider Callahan’s injury history in contract talks 13
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Outrage over hockey violence, Gary Bettman is a happy man, Darryl Sutter is awesome, and more! 30
- Report: Isles coach Capuano not seen as problem 11
- Rivalry Night on NBCSN: Flyers challenge top-ranked Blackhawks 17
- Update: Ryan Callahan out 4-6 weeks with MCL sprain 15
- Four goals: Ovechkin wills Caps to stunning shootout win vs. Bolts 62
- Bettman: No decision on expansion, but they’re listening 13
- Neal admits kneeing Marchand was ‘not the smartest decision’ 80
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)