Apr 24, 2013, 2:56 PM EST
“I was frustrated from losing. That’s all it was,” Keith said today, per Mark Lazerus of the Chicago Sun-Times.
Some accused Keith of sexism when he noted the reporter’s gender in a back-and-forth about a slash he gave Canucks forward Daniel Sedin during the game. But Keith said there was “no intent” to his comments and that he respects reporters of both genders.
The reporter, Karen Thomson of TEAM 1040, isn’t making a big deal of it anyway. She tweeted yesterday: “Hockey is an emotional game and things are often said in the heat of the moment. I think this is what happened last night. I’ve moved on.”
Keith, too, says he’s “moved on.”
You can listen to the audio of the original interview here.
- In praise of the Hamburglar 3
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 4
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 35
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 14
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 23
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 52
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 39
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 51
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)