Apr 24, 2013, 2:56 PM EDT
“I was frustrated from losing. That’s all it was,” Keith said today, per Mark Lazerus of the Chicago Sun-Times.
Some accused Keith of sexism when he noted the reporter’s gender in a back-and-forth about a slash he gave Canucks forward Daniel Sedin during the game. But Keith said there was “no intent” to his comments and that he respects reporters of both genders.
The reporter, Karen Thomson of TEAM 1040, isn’t making a big deal of it anyway. She tweeted yesterday: “Hockey is an emotional game and things are often said in the heat of the moment. I think this is what happened last night. I’ve moved on.”
Keith, too, says he’s “moved on.”
You can listen to the audio of the original interview here.
- Flyers overcome two-goal deficit to finally with at MSG 10
- NHL suspends Seabrook three games for charging into Backes 22
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 22
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 22
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 47
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 135
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 40
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 51