Apr 24, 2013, 2:56 PM EDT
“I was frustrated from losing. That’s all it was,” Keith said today, per Mark Lazerus of the Chicago Sun-Times.
Some accused Keith of sexism when he noted the reporter’s gender in a back-and-forth about a slash he gave Canucks forward Daniel Sedin during the game. But Keith said there was “no intent” to his comments and that he respects reporters of both genders.
The reporter, Karen Thomson of TEAM 1040, isn’t making a big deal of it anyway. She tweeted yesterday: “Hockey is an emotional game and things are often said in the heat of the moment. I think this is what happened last night. I’ve moved on.”
Keith, too, says he’s “moved on.”
You can listen to the audio of the original interview here.
- Panthers owners say they’re committed even though team has lost ‘tremendous amounts of money’ 3
- Update: Wild’s Harding out indefinitely with fractured foot 17
- Johansen heads home from Columbus as talks get even messier 14
- Kesler accuses Vancouver media of making up stories, ‘throwing people under the bus’ 19
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal 49
- Mike Yeo is pretty unhappy with Minnesota’s goalie situation 20
- Much to his relief, Lecavalier will start season at center 14
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 61
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 15
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 11
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (61)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (49)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)