Apr 24, 2013, 12:19 PM EST
We haven’t done a post on each team’s Masterton Trophy nominee, but this one we’ll do.
The trophy is presented every year to the player who best exemplifies the qualities of perseverance, sportsmanship and dedication to hockey.
The nominee for the Minnesota Wild is goalie Josh Harding, who was diagnosed with multiple sclerosis last fall but has continued to play despite the challenges.
Not that Harding, 28, thinks he’s doing anything special.
“I think if anyone was in my situation, they’d do the exact same thing,” said Harding, per the Star Tribune. “You’ve been playing hockey all your life and to let something come in the way of it, you usually don’t — you’ll find a way to make it happen.
“Obviously it took a little bit of time to get everything dialed in. Every day is going to be different. You can’t predict the future, but I think everybody in my position would do the same thing.”
Montreal forward Max Pacioretty was awarded the Masterton Trophy last year after coming back from a concussion and fractured vertebrae.
For the full list of winners, click here.
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Ovechkin’s great big year of disappointment 4
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Kings win Cup, Martinez the OT hero 0
- Welcome to PHT’s top 14 stories for 2014 0
- Scott suspended four games for punch that was ‘neither predictable, nor acceptable’ 23
- Sharks’ Scott has hearing for his punch to Jackman 29
- (Video) PHT Extra: Christmas wish lists from around the NHL 2
- PHT interviews Don Maloney, who knows he has a big trade chip in Vermette 7
- Backstrom to start for Wild, who need their goalies to be ‘better’ 13
- NHL on NBCSN: Avs challenge Blues after narrow losses to St. Louis 6
- Gaudreau’s first hat trick helps Flames stun Kings 7
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (75)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)
- Panthers hold off Penguins for shootout win (42)