Apr 24, 2013, 12:19 PM EDT
We haven’t done a post on each team’s Masterton Trophy nominee, but this one we’ll do.
The trophy is presented every year to the player who best exemplifies the qualities of perseverance, sportsmanship and dedication to hockey.
The nominee for the Minnesota Wild is goalie Josh Harding, who was diagnosed with multiple sclerosis last fall but has continued to play despite the challenges.
Not that Harding, 28, thinks he’s doing anything special.
“I think if anyone was in my situation, they’d do the exact same thing,” said Harding, per the Star Tribune. “You’ve been playing hockey all your life and to let something come in the way of it, you usually don’t — you’ll find a way to make it happen.
“Obviously it took a little bit of time to get everything dialed in. Every day is going to be different. You can’t predict the future, but I think everybody in my position would do the same thing.”
Montreal forward Max Pacioretty was awarded the Masterton Trophy last year after coming back from a concussion and fractured vertebrae.
For the full list of winners, click here.
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 39
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 9
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 39
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 21
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 5
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)