Apr 24, 2013, 12:19 PM EDT
We haven’t done a post on each team’s Masterton Trophy nominee, but this one we’ll do.
The trophy is presented every year to the player who best exemplifies the qualities of perseverance, sportsmanship and dedication to hockey.
The nominee for the Minnesota Wild is goalie Josh Harding, who was diagnosed with multiple sclerosis last fall but has continued to play despite the challenges.
Not that Harding, 28, thinks he’s doing anything special.
“I think if anyone was in my situation, they’d do the exact same thing,” said Harding, per the Star Tribune. “You’ve been playing hockey all your life and to let something come in the way of it, you usually don’t — you’ll find a way to make it happen.
“Obviously it took a little bit of time to get everything dialed in. Every day is going to be different. You can’t predict the future, but I think everybody in my position would do the same thing.”
Montreal forward Max Pacioretty was awarded the Masterton Trophy last year after coming back from a concussion and fractured vertebrae.
For the full list of winners, click here.
- Armstrong: ‘Let’s live to fight another day’ 0
- Hitch needs ‘time to reflect’ before making decision on future 17
- Rutherford admits mistakes, but has support of Penguins ownership 7
- Wings’ Kronwall has hearing today for hit on Kucherov 39
- Kucherov isn’t going to ‘cry’ about Kronwall hit 38
- Nothing but Kuznetsov: Caps best Isles in Game 7 26
- Not done yet: Lightning earn Game 7 against Red Wings 10
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 0
- Blues owner ‘disappointed and frustrated,’ but not ready to ‘throw people under the bus’ 31
- Despite ‘step in the right direction,’ do Canucks need to alter core? 16
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (110)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (99)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (89)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)