Apr 24, 2013, 12:19 PM EST
We haven’t done a post on each team’s Masterton Trophy nominee, but this one we’ll do.
The trophy is presented every year to the player who best exemplifies the qualities of perseverance, sportsmanship and dedication to hockey.
The nominee for the Minnesota Wild is goalie Josh Harding, who was diagnosed with multiple sclerosis last fall but has continued to play despite the challenges.
Not that Harding, 28, thinks he’s doing anything special.
“I think if anyone was in my situation, they’d do the exact same thing,” said Harding, per the Star Tribune. “You’ve been playing hockey all your life and to let something come in the way of it, you usually don’t — you’ll find a way to make it happen.
“Obviously it took a little bit of time to get everything dialed in. Every day is going to be different. You can’t predict the future, but I think everybody in my position would do the same thing.”
Montreal forward Max Pacioretty was awarded the Masterton Trophy last year after coming back from a concussion and fractured vertebrae.
For the full list of winners, click here.
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 18
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 33
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 37
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 51
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 4
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 59
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 29
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 47
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 9
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)