Apr 24, 2013, 9:56 AM EDT
The incident occurred as Brown was gaining possession of the puck and Pominville was going in for the hit. Brown’s elbow ended up connecting with Pominville’s face and Brown lifted his stick off the ice, thereby surrendering the puck. It trickled to Kings forward Justin Williams.
“You have the puck on your stick, it’s pretty tough to do anything else,” Kings coach Darryl Sutter told LA Kings Insider in Brown’s defense.
Brown said that he was just bracing himself for Pominville’s hit.
Here’s the video so that you can decide for yourself if Brown should be suspended:
That hit ended Pominville’s night. Wild coach Mike Yeo wouldn’t say if Pominville sustained a concussion.
“You hate to see a hit to the head,” Yeo commented to the Star Tribune.
It’s worth adding that Brown also delivered a controversial hit on Sunday. He didn’t get a penalty for that incident either.
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 12
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 14
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 35
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 13
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 14
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 12
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 25