Apr 24, 2013, 9:56 AM EDT
The incident occurred as Brown was gaining possession of the puck and Pominville was going in for the hit. Brown’s elbow ended up connecting with Pominville’s face and Brown lifted his stick off the ice, thereby surrendering the puck. It trickled to Kings forward Justin Williams.
“You have the puck on your stick, it’s pretty tough to do anything else,” Kings coach Darryl Sutter told LA Kings Insider in Brown’s defense.
Brown said that he was just bracing himself for Pominville’s hit.
Here’s the video so that you can decide for yourself if Brown should be suspended:
That hit ended Pominville’s night. Wild coach Mike Yeo wouldn’t say if Pominville sustained a concussion.
“You hate to see a hit to the head,” Yeo commented to the Star Tribune.
It’s worth adding that Brown also delivered a controversial hit on Sunday. He didn’t get a penalty for that incident either.
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 2
- Price, Dubnyk, Rinne are Vezina Trophy finalists 9
- Chicago to start Darling in Game 6 17
- Chiarelli named Oilers’ GM and president of hockey ops 30
- Weber out for remainder of series, but ‘did not suffer an ACL injury’ 6
- Report: Oilers’ Lowe removed from Hockey Ops role 19
- Stayin’ Alive: Canucks stage comeback of their own, send series back to Calgary 5
- Preds, Forsberg finally solve Darling, push series to Game 6 76
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 3
- Report: Chiarelli to join Oilers’ front office 31
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (174)
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (98)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (88)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)