Apr 24, 2013, 9:56 AM EST
The incident occurred as Brown was gaining possession of the puck and Pominville was going in for the hit. Brown’s elbow ended up connecting with Pominville’s face and Brown lifted his stick off the ice, thereby surrendering the puck. It trickled to Kings forward Justin Williams.
“You have the puck on your stick, it’s pretty tough to do anything else,” Kings coach Darryl Sutter told LA Kings Insider in Brown’s defense.
Brown said that he was just bracing himself for Pominville’s hit.
Here’s the video so that you can decide for yourself if Brown should be suspended:
That hit ended Pominville’s night. Wild coach Mike Yeo wouldn’t say if Pominville sustained a concussion.
“You hate to see a hit to the head,” Yeo commented to the Star Tribune.
It’s worth adding that Brown also delivered a controversial hit on Sunday. He didn’t get a penalty for that incident either.
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 10
- In praise of the Hamburglar 14
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 8
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 20
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 31
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 14
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 23
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 54