Apr 24, 2013, 9:56 AM EDT
The incident occurred as Brown was gaining possession of the puck and Pominville was going in for the hit. Brown’s elbow ended up connecting with Pominville’s face and Brown lifted his stick off the ice, thereby surrendering the puck. It trickled to Kings forward Justin Williams.
“You have the puck on your stick, it’s pretty tough to do anything else,” Kings coach Darryl Sutter told LA Kings Insider in Brown’s defense.
Brown said that he was just bracing himself for Pominville’s hit.
Here’s the video so that you can decide for yourself if Brown should be suspended:
That hit ended Pominville’s night. Wild coach Mike Yeo wouldn’t say if Pominville sustained a concussion.
“You hate to see a hit to the head,” Yeo commented to the Star Tribune.
It’s worth adding that Brown also delivered a controversial hit on Sunday. He didn’t get a penalty for that incident either.
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 14
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 15
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 13
- Sens’ Ceci won’t return after Weber’s shot lacerates his ear (Update) 7
- Gillis pleads his case: ‘We are enduring a challenging period’ 22
- Nolan gets a game for punching ‘unsuspecting’ Joensuu 37
- It doesn’t sound like 3-on-3 overtime is going to be a thing 38
- Blues finish night on top of NHL standings after shootout win 15
- Kings’ Nolan gets double-minor for punching Oilers’ Joensuu 54
- Extended overtime likely to be on agenda in GMs’ March meeting 42
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (70)
- Report: Flyers table ‘substantial offer’ for Kesler, also inquiring about Edler (59)