Apr 24, 2013, 3:11 PM EDT
Bertuzzi, 38, has been out since Feb. 7 with a pinched nerve in his back. In seven games this season, he has two goals and an assist.
“I’ll be ready to play tomorrow. I needed another hard skate,” Bertuzzi said today, per MLive.com. “Like I said before, a week ago, I can’t come in and not be ready to play a full 60 and help out, contribute, be big down low, finish my checks. I needed another hard skate and that’s what we just finished.”
In other Detroit injury news, forward Drew Miller will not need surgery for his broken hand and could return in the playoffs if the Wings go on a deep run.
The Wings, of course, may not even make the playoffs.
- Extended overtime likely to be on agenda in GMs’ March meeting 20
- Lundqvist shuts out Red Wings to claim 300th victory 9
- NHL on NBCSN: Hawks know they can’t take Sabres lightly 10
- NHL on NBC: Red Wings, Rangers fight to cling onto playoff spots 2
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 18
- Stars believe Lehtonen suffered concussion from Haula collision (update) 22
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 11
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 12
- Ryan Murray has knee surgery, likely done for season 1
- Washington finally signs top prospect Kuznetsov 33
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (66)