Apr 24, 2013, 3:11 PM EDT
Bertuzzi, 38, has been out since Feb. 7 with a pinched nerve in his back. In seven games this season, he has two goals and an assist.
“I’ll be ready to play tomorrow. I needed another hard skate,” Bertuzzi said today, per MLive.com. “Like I said before, a week ago, I can’t come in and not be ready to play a full 60 and help out, contribute, be big down low, finish my checks. I needed another hard skate and that’s what we just finished.”
In other Detroit injury news, forward Drew Miller will not need surgery for his broken hand and could return in the playoffs if the Wings go on a deep run.
The Wings, of course, may not even make the playoffs.
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 8
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 46
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 14
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 44
- Devils post-Martin Brodeur era about to truly start 9
- Report: Rangers expected to announce captain on Thursday 12
- Snider: Flyers not hiding behind ‘horrible mistake’ of signing Bryzgalov 21
- P.K. Subban: ‘I’m not trying to change the game of hockey’ 24
- Demand for Canucks tickets plummeting according to broker 39