Apr 23, 2013, 2:09 PM EDT
Needing a win tonight, Mike Yeo is shaking things up.
The Minnesota head coach is making a number of lineup changes for Tuesday’s game against LA:
— Jake Dowell will make his season debut
— Zenon Konopka will draw back in for the first time since Apr. 11
— Justin Faulk will replace Brett Clark on defense
— Cal Clutterbuck will jump up to the second line
All this as the Wild look to snap a five-game winless streak at the Xcel Energy Center and get one step closer to the playoffs.
Minnesota heads into tonight’s game in seventh place in the West, but tied with eighth-place Columbus on points (51).
What’s more, the Wild are only one up on ninth-place Detroit and three up on 10th-place Dallas, and could find themselves in must-win territory should they fail to get a result against the Kings.
Clutterbuck, who will skate with Matt Cullen and Devin Setoguchi tonight, says he’s looking forward to the challenge and appreciates that team still controls its own destiny — even though the Wild are 3-6-1 in their last 10.
“I think we’ve got to remove ourselves from the negativity surrounding it all and realize we have a great chance,” he told the Minnesota Star-Tribune. “We’re still in control.”
- Video: Flames, Canucks combine for over 100 PIM in wild line brawl 15
- Preds torch Crawford, Hawks; even series at 1-1 27
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) 78
- Huge loss for Preds as Weber (lower body) knocked out of Game 2 7
- Sabres? Oilers? Coyotes? Leafs? ‘Canes? — McDavid would be happy to play for any of them 37
- Stone a game-time decision, Sens downplay retaliation for Subban slash 25
- Flyers fire Berube 48
- Klingberg signs seven-year, $29.75 million extension with Stars 10
- Video: Perry paces Ducks to victory over Jets with four-point night 13
- Video: Wild hold off late push from Blues 38
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (78)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)
- PHT Morning Skate: Ottawa Sun runs with front page headline ‘Heads Up, P.K.’ (74)