Apr 23, 2013, 2:09 PM EDT
Needing a win tonight, Mike Yeo is shaking things up.
The Minnesota head coach is making a number of lineup changes for Tuesday’s game against LA:
– Jake Dowell will make his season debut
– Zenon Konopka will draw back in for the first time since Apr. 11
– Justin Faulk will replace Brett Clark on defense
– Cal Clutterbuck will jump up to the second line
All this as the Wild look to snap a five-game winless streak at the Xcel Energy Center and get one step closer to the playoffs.
Minnesota heads into tonight’s game in seventh place in the West, but tied with eighth-place Columbus on points (51).
What’s more, the Wild are only one up on ninth-place Detroit and three up on 10th-place Dallas, and could find themselves in must-win territory should they fail to get a result against the Kings.
Clutterbuck, who will skate with Matt Cullen and Devin Setoguchi tonight, says he’s looking forward to the challenge and appreciates that team still controls its own destiny — even though the Wild are 3-6-1 in their last 10.
“I think we’ve got to remove ourselves from the negativity surrounding it all and realize we have a great chance,” he told the Minnesota Star-Tribune. “We’re still in control.”
- WATCH LIVE: Tampa Bay Lightning at Montreal Canadiens (Game 3) 0
- Bruins handle Red Wings 4-1, tie series 1-1 23
- Flyers overcome two-goal deficit to finally win at MSG 50
- NHL suspends Seabrook three games for charging into Backes 82
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 23
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 28
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 49
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 136
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 40
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (136)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (116)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)
- NHL suspends Seabrook three games for charging into Backes (82)