Apr 23, 2013, 2:09 PM EST
Needing a win tonight, Mike Yeo is shaking things up.
The Minnesota head coach is making a number of lineup changes for Tuesday’s game against LA:
— Jake Dowell will make his season debut
— Zenon Konopka will draw back in for the first time since Apr. 11
— Justin Faulk will replace Brett Clark on defense
— Cal Clutterbuck will jump up to the second line
All this as the Wild look to snap a five-game winless streak at the Xcel Energy Center and get one step closer to the playoffs.
Minnesota heads into tonight’s game in seventh place in the West, but tied with eighth-place Columbus on points (51).
What’s more, the Wild are only one up on ninth-place Detroit and three up on 10th-place Dallas, and could find themselves in must-win territory should they fail to get a result against the Kings.
Clutterbuck, who will skate with Matt Cullen and Devin Setoguchi tonight, says he’s looking forward to the challenge and appreciates that team still controls its own destiny — even though the Wild are 3-6-1 in their last 10.
“I think we’ve got to remove ourselves from the negativity surrounding it all and realize we have a great chance,” he told the Minnesota Star-Tribune. “We’re still in control.”
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 2
- Video: Weber wins hardest shot with 108.5 mph blast 5
- Video: Lightning’s Drouin wins fastest skater 7
- WATCH LIVE: NHL All-Star Skills Competition 1
- Will the Youngstars even have a chance? (Updated) 12
- Unique World Cup format allows ‘more of the very best players’ to participate 10
- NHL unveils 2016 Winter Classic, Stadium Series games 17
- Players have fun, show off personalities in water-fueled All-Star Fantasy Draft 9
- Video: ‘Coachable’ Kessel goes from last pick to 2nd overall 5
- Video: Team Foligno takes Ryan Johansen first overall in All-Star Fantasy Draft 1
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Metro sensational: Rangers continue dominance of division, Pens (61)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)