Apr 23, 2013, 2:09 PM EST
Needing a win tonight, Mike Yeo is shaking things up.
The Minnesota head coach is making a number of lineup changes for Tuesday’s game against LA:
– Jake Dowell will make his season debut
– Zenon Konopka will draw back in for the first time since Apr. 11
– Justin Faulk will replace Brett Clark on defense
– Cal Clutterbuck will jump up to the second line
All this as the Wild look to snap a five-game winless streak at the Xcel Energy Center and get one step closer to the playoffs.
Minnesota heads into tonight’s game in seventh place in the West, but tied with eighth-place Columbus on points (51).
What’s more, the Wild are only one up on ninth-place Detroit and three up on 10th-place Dallas, and could find themselves in must-win territory should they fail to get a result against the Kings.
Clutterbuck, who will skate with Matt Cullen and Devin Setoguchi tonight, says he’s looking forward to the challenge and appreciates that team still controls its own destiny — even though the Wild are 3-6-1 in their last 10.
“I think we’ve got to remove ourselves from the negativity surrounding it all and realize we have a great chance,” he told the Minnesota Star-Tribune. “We’re still in control.”
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head 68
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 90
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 101
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 7
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 14
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 89
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) 87
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 69
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 47
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 78
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (180)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (115)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (102)
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller (90)
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (89)