Apr 23, 2013, 2:09 PM EDT
Needing a win tonight, Mike Yeo is shaking things up.
The Minnesota head coach is making a number of lineup changes for Tuesday’s game against LA:
— Jake Dowell will make his season debut
— Zenon Konopka will draw back in for the first time since Apr. 11
— Justin Faulk will replace Brett Clark on defense
— Cal Clutterbuck will jump up to the second line
All this as the Wild look to snap a five-game winless streak at the Xcel Energy Center and get one step closer to the playoffs.
Minnesota heads into tonight’s game in seventh place in the West, but tied with eighth-place Columbus on points (51).
What’s more, the Wild are only one up on ninth-place Detroit and three up on 10th-place Dallas, and could find themselves in must-win territory should they fail to get a result against the Kings.
Clutterbuck, who will skate with Matt Cullen and Devin Setoguchi tonight, says he’s looking forward to the challenge and appreciates that team still controls its own destiny — even though the Wild are 3-6-1 in their last 10.
“I think we’ve got to remove ourselves from the negativity surrounding it all and realize we have a great chance,” he told the Minnesota Star-Tribune. “We’re still in control.”
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 20
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5