Apr 23, 2013, 9:48 PM EDT
Last night, Los Angeles Kings captain Dustin Brown delivered a controversial hit on Dallas Stars winger Antoine Roussel. One day later on Tuesday, he left Minnesota Wild advocates fuming after this elbow on Jason Pominville:
There’s little question that the elbow will draw debate – which didn’t draw a penalty – but it’s interesting to note that the Kings already clinched a playoff spot.
Will the league be more willing to hand out a suspension (if it deems one reasonable, of course) to a player whose team isn’t playing games that are quite as important? We’ll see.
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 19
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 18
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 43
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 120
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 36
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 51
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 79
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 7