Apr 23, 2013, 4:20 PM EDT
Demers, 24, hurt his foot on Apr. 18 against Minnesota and didn’t play during Sunday’s 4-3 loss to Columbus.
He was seen in a walking boot and head coach Todd McLellan said the club had already ruled Demers out for tonight’s game against Dallas and Wednesday’s game in Phoenix.
Demers missed the first seven games of the season with wrist injury suffered in Europe during the lockout, then missed four more in late March with a head injury.
When healthy, he has been a presence on San Jose’s back end.
He has 1G-2A-3PTS in 22 games this season, averaging 18:38 TOI per game and 1:18 in shorthanded ice time.
As for who’ll fill in?
Veteran Scott Hannan appears to be the first choice. Acquired at the trade deadline from Nashville, he played in just his second game as a Shark on Sunday against Columbus, but went minus-2 in 19 minutes of action.
McLellan could turn to rookie blueliner Matt Tennyson, though he’s only appeared in three games all season.
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 15
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 26
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 26
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting (44)