Apr 23, 2013, 1:50 PM EST
If the Dallas Stars win the last three games of their season, they have a 95.3% chance of making the playoffs, according to Sports Club Stats.
If they go 2-0-1, their chances fall to 49.3%.
Anything less and they’re pretty much done.
Tonight in San Jose (on NBCSN!), the Stars play the first of their three final games when they take on a Sharks side that’s 16-2-5 at home.
Thursday, Dallas hosts eighth-place Columbus in what could be a huge game.
Saturday, ninth-place Detroit is in town for what could be an enormous game.
But first, the Sharks.
Since the April 3 deadline, Dallas is 6-3-1 — a good record, and one achieved playing an entertaining brand of hockey with no shortage of goals.
- Daly: Fehr’s lockout prediction ‘naive and uneducated’ 18
- Pens send Downie, Sutter, Greiss home for mumps test (Updated) 13
- The Atlantic Division race is going to be fascinating 19
- Flyers rally as Zepp wins his career debut at 33 years old 22
- Oilers squander three-goal lead, lose 18th time in 19 games 11
- Pickard makes one last bid to stay, beats Wings in nine-round SO 6
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno 39
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 17
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 18
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 9