Apr 23, 2013, 1:50 PM EDT
If the Dallas Stars win the last three games of their season, they have a 95.3% chance of making the playoffs, according to Sports Club Stats.
If they go 2-0-1, their chances fall to 49.3%.
Anything less and they’re pretty much done.
Tonight in San Jose (on NBCSN!), the Stars play the first of their three final games when they take on a Sharks side that’s 16-2-5 at home.
Thursday, Dallas hosts eighth-place Columbus in what could be a huge game.
Saturday, ninth-place Detroit is in town for what could be an enormous game.
But first, the Sharks.
Since the April 3 deadline, Dallas is 6-3-1 — a good record, and one achieved playing an entertaining brand of hockey with no shortage of goals.
- Flames sign Devin Setoguchi 3
- Under Pressure: Turris, MacArthur & Ryan 1
- It’s Ottawa Senators day on PHT 12
- Report: Leiweke to head up Olympic bid in Los Angeles 11
- In praise of John Tavares 14
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 26
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 19
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 39
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33