Apr 23, 2013, 1:50 PM EDT
If the Dallas Stars win the last three games of their season, they have a 95.3% chance of making the playoffs, according to Sports Club Stats.
If they go 2-0-1, their chances fall to 49.3%.
Anything less and they’re pretty much done.
Tonight in San Jose (on NBCSN!), the Stars play the first of their three final games when they take on a Sharks side that’s 16-2-5 at home.
Thursday, Dallas hosts eighth-place Columbus in what could be a huge game.
Saturday, ninth-place Detroit is in town for what could be an enormous game.
But first, the Sharks.
Since the April 3 deadline, Dallas is 6-3-1 — a good record, and one achieved playing an entertaining brand of hockey with no shortage of goals.
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 79
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5
- Wild assistant Sydor arrested for suspected drunk driving, child endangerment 30
- It’s Montreal Canadiens day at PHT 14
- Capitals’ biggest question: Is this finally the year? 32