Apr 23, 2013, 1:50 PM EDT
If the Dallas Stars win the last three games of their season, they have a 95.3% chance of making the playoffs, according to Sports Club Stats.
If they go 2-0-1, their chances fall to 49.3%.
Anything less and they’re pretty much done.
Tonight in San Jose (on NBCSN!), the Stars play the first of their three final games when they take on a Sharks side that’s 16-2-5 at home.
Thursday, Dallas hosts eighth-place Columbus in what could be a huge game.
Saturday, ninth-place Detroit is in town for what could be an enormous game.
But first, the Sharks.
Since the April 3 deadline, Dallas is 6-3-1 — a good record, and one achieved playing an entertaining brand of hockey with no shortage of goals.
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 2
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 6
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 7
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 21
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 12
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 13
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 18