Apr 23, 2013, 1:50 PM EDT
If the Dallas Stars win the last three games of their season, they have a 95.3% chance of making the playoffs, according to Sports Club Stats.
If they go 2-0-1, their chances fall to 49.3%.
Anything less and they’re pretty much done.
Tonight in San Jose (on NBCSN!), the Stars play the first of their three final games when they take on a Sharks side that’s 16-2-5 at home.
Thursday, Dallas hosts eighth-place Columbus in what could be a huge game.
Saturday, ninth-place Detroit is in town for what could be an enormous game.
But first, the Sharks.
Since the April 3 deadline, Dallas is 6-3-1 — a good record, and one achieved playing an entertaining brand of hockey with no shortage of goals.
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 7
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 2
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 13
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 36
- Blues prevail in longest game in franchise history as Steen scores in third OT 23
- Video: Sharks’ Brown runs Voynov into Quick, scrum ensues 2
- Opportunistic Rangers pull away from Flyers, take 1-0 series lead 62
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 1) 1
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 1) 1
- Report: Hextall ‘in the mix’ for Vancouver GM job 26